Auto pass license management tool cannot run in AM 930 (32 bit) version installed on 64 bit mach (490 Views)
Occasional Advisor
yogesh15dd
Message 1 of 3 (549 Views)

Auto pass license management tool cannot run in AM 930 (32 bit) version installed on 64 bit machine.

Dear Team,

I have installed asset manager (32 bit) on 64 bit (windows 7) machine , i was unable to run the "Auto pass license management tool " , was getting an error of JAVA_HOME not set up and  hence i had set up the JAVA_HOME like below

JAVA_HOME

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_35

JRE_HOME

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6

--> below are the results of the query i ran in cmd prompt<--

C:\Users\hp>echo %JAVA_HOME%
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6

C:\Users\hp>java -version
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

But now (once i had put the above JAVA_HOME set up) i'm getting an error like below, could you please suggest me on what could be the issue? i'm really stuck in mid of this.

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Asset Manager 9.30 en\autopass>"bin\APUILaunch
-m . data data\AssetManager_pdf

Path initialization failed

Error!!!

Error Number : 2008
Error Message : Error in Initialization. Please specify a Data Dir path which has write access:
Error Source : COvLicConfigurationManager::OvLicInitializePath

Br/Yogesh

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
yogesh15dd
Message 2 of 3 (490 Views)

Auto pass license management tool cannot run in AM 930 (32 bit) version installed on 64 bit mach

Hey there!,

Previous issue was resolved.

Now when i open "Auto pass license management tool " and while try importing the license in that wizard , if i click on "View file contents" (license in the browse path set is:   C:\ AM9.30  ), i get an error saying "No licenses found".

May i know , is this error is because license is invalid or license is expired? , for sure ".dat" has got license contents in it.

Br/Yogesh

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Priya_B
Message 3 of 3 (484 Views)

Re: Auto pass license management tool cannot run in AM 930 (32 bit) version installed on 64 bit mach

Hello Yogesh,

You can do 2 things :

1. Either provide us the .dat file for us to check. Or Open the .dat file using the notepad and copy the contents of this file to the C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Asset Manager 9.40 en\autopass\data\LicFile.txt

Save this file, Open the Application Designer and Activate the database using this license. Your license should install.

Regarding the previous error , how was it resolved in your environement? Could you please share for other customers benefit ?

HP Support - If this post or any post helps you resolve an issue, please be sure to mark it as an acceptable solution.
Like a post, Please click Kudos to show appreciation !
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation