Auto pass license management tool cannot run in AM 930 (32 bit) version installed on 64 bit machine. (831 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Message 1 of 3 (831 Views)

Auto pass license management tool cannot run in AM 930 (32 bit) version installed on 64 bit machine.

Dear Team,

I have installed asset manager (32 bit) on 64 bit (windows 7) machine , i was unable to run the "Auto pass license management tool " , was getting an error of JAVA_HOME not set up and  hence i had set up the JAVA_HOME like below

JAVA_HOME

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_35

JRE_HOME

C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6

--> below are the results of the query i ran in cmd prompt<--

C:\Users\hp>echo %JAVA_HOME%
C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6

C:\Users\hp>java -version
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

But now (once i had put the above JAVA_HOME set up) i'm getting an error like below, could you please suggest me on what could be the issue? i'm really stuck in mid of this.

C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Asset Manager 9.30 en\autopass>"bin\APUILaunch
-m . data data\AssetManager_pdf

Path initialization failed

Error!!!

Error Number : 2008
Error Message : Error in Initialization. Please specify a Data Dir path which has write access:
Error Source : COvLicConfigurationManager::OvLicInitializePath

Br/Yogesh

Occasional Advisor
Message 2 of 3 (772 Views)

Auto pass license management tool cannot run in AM 930 (32 bit) version installed on 64 bit mach

Hey there!,

Previous issue was resolved.

Now when i open "Auto pass license management tool " and while try importing the license in that wizard , if i click on "View file contents" (license in the browse path set is:   C:\ AM9.30  ), i get an error saying "No licenses found".

May i know , is this error is because license is invalid or license is expired? , for sure ".dat" has got license contents in it.

Br/Yogesh

HP Expert
Message 3 of 3 (766 Views)

Re: Auto pass license management tool cannot run in AM 930 (32 bit) version installed on 64 bit mach

Hello Yogesh,

You can do 2 things :

1. Either provide us the .dat file for us to check. Or Open the .dat file using the notepad and copy the contents of this file to the C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Asset Manager 9.40 en\autopass\data\LicFile.txt

Save this file, Open the Application Designer and Activate the database using this license. Your license should install.

Regarding the previous error , how was it resolved in your environement? Could you please share for other customers benefit ?

HP Support - If this post or any post helps you resolve an issue, please be sure to mark it as an acceptable solution.
Like a post, Please click Kudos to show appreciation !
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.