Re: Asset Manager 5.12 Web Issue (216 Views)
Advisor
Jason Conner
Message 1 of 7 (216 Views)

Asset Manager 5.12 Web Issue

I have recently upgraded from Asset Manager 5.11 to 5.12. I ran the upgrade script to upgrade the database from 5.11 to 5.12 (as per the documentation). I changed the path from "C:\Program Files\HP\Asset Manager 5.11" to "C:\Program Files\HP\Asset Manager 5.12" in the C:\tomcat50\conf\Catalina\localhost\AssetManager.xml and C:\tomcat50\conf\Catalina\localhost\AssetManagerWebService.xml file for Tomcat.

I can logon successfully using the client and the Automated Process Manager with NO ERRORS. When I try to pull up the web, I get this error: An error occurred during authentication: The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke! targetService is Head/Administration

I have even uninstalled EVERYTHING and re-installed from scratch following the directions to the "T". I am connecting to an Oracle database and I have migrated from Asset Manager 4.5 to 5.0 and from 5.0 to 5.01 then from 5.01 to 5.10 then from 5.10 to 5.11 with no problems so I am used to this process.

PLEASE HELP!!!
Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
Atul72
Message 2 of 7 (216 Views)

Re: Asset Manager 5.12 Web Issue

Try to Again redeploy the AssetManager.xml and AssetManagerWebService.xml
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jason Conner
Message 3 of 7 (216 Views)

Resolved the issue. Database was corrupted. The issue had to deal with corrupt wizards. If you do a check definations of the web services and anything at all fails, you will get an AXIS error in the web portion of Asset Manager.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jason Conner
Message 4 of 7 (216 Views)

Anything found in error when run: Check definitions of the Web services will give an AXIS error and render the web inoperable.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Hofi
Message 5 of 7 (216 Views)

Hi Jason,

I encountered the same error w/ some of the Wizards (written by PSO guys) after upgrading from AM 5.11 to 5.20.
I confirmed it's the Wizards using the "Check definitions of the Web services" tool. My question is how did you fix this issue?
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
hurtreks
Message 6 of 7 (216 Views)

Hi Jason,

I also found the same error. Could you please share how to solve this problem?

TIA
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Jason Conner
Message 7 of 7 (216 Views)

Its been a while, but I think I did something like a database repair, or I re-created the database from scratch and imported data back in. Its been a while...
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation