11-20-2013 03:23 AM - edited 11-20-2013 03:24 AM
I am trying to figure out how to make UAM issue separate VLAN regarding to which wired/wireless access device user authenticates.
Meaning - there are several floors on the building. Each floor has it's own data VLAN.
User could authenticate in any of those devices and they should receive appropriate VLAN (floor VLAN so to speak) depending on which floor they are.
Is that even possible with current version of iMC ? v7.0?
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-20-2013 05:38 AM
There are 2 options here:
* UAM based with Access scenario's in the Access Service:
- define access device groups (1 group with all switches of each floor)
- define Access policy per vlan to be used
- open Access service and define different scenario's : per device group select different access policy
* Switch based (would seem easier to me):
- in UAM define a vlan name instead of vlan ID (e.g. DATA or VOICE )
- on the switches define the name on the correct vlan
# floor 1
# floor 2
Hope this helps,
11-20-2013 10:11 PM
Excatly what doctor ordered! :)
I had thinking along those lines, but you helped me refine it. :)