IMC Smart connect Virtual Appliance default username/Password mentioned in documentation not working (1004 Views)
Contributor
nithish4u
Message 1 of 6 (1,004 Views)

IMC Smart connect Virtual Appliance default username/Password mentioned in documentation not working

Hello HP,

I had installed Smart Connect Virtual Appliance Software ,

The isntallation guide says the login name is root by default  Password field as enteriMC123 or iMC123 (not clear in isntallation guide). But they are not working, we also tried a lot of combination.

Can anyone suggest us what is the default username/pwd for Smart connect appliance?

Regards,

Nithish.

Honored Contributor
LindsayHill
Message 2 of 6 (981 Views)

Re: IMC Smart connect Virtual Appliance default username/Password mentioned in documentation not wor

Are you trying to login to the web interface, or the OS?

I haven't used the appliance myself, but the default login for the web interface is admin/admin.

Docs seem to say the OS login should be root/enteriMC123

If you can't get into the OS with root/enteriMC123, you could just boot into single user mode, and reset the password.

CCIE 36708 | @northlandboy | lkhill.com
Occasional Visitor
kkza
Message 3 of 6 (948 Views)

Re: IMC Smart connect Virtual Appliance default username/Password mentioned in documentation not wor

Hey Nithish
Did you manage to reset the password?
I've reset mine, via a linux boot cd, but i'm having getting SmartConnect and my controller to actually work together
Have you got everything up and running as per the deployment guide by any chance?

Im thinking there are a few important steps missing from the guide..

Regards
Occasional Visitor
eWhizz
Message 4 of 6 (734 Views)

The password for v7.0 is iMC_123, login is root.

Occasional Visitor
eWhizz
Message 5 of 6 (730 Views)

I've got the thing installed, networked and can login tothe system, but I cannot log onto the web interface. IT required an acitvation key. Where do I get that for the trial edition?

Honored Contributor
LindsayHill
Message 6 of 6 (713 Views)

Normally you get an instant-on 60-day license when you install IMC.

If that's expired,  ask an HP contact - they are usually quite happy to generate temporary evaluation licenses

Or just re-install it, if you don't have any useful data added yet.

CCIE 36708 | @northlandboy | lkhill.com
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.