IMC 5.1 - Change the Action "Telnet" program call (700 Views)
Occasional Advisor
carstro
Message 1 of 4 (700 Views)

IMC 5.1 - Change the Action "Telnet" program call

Hello,

is it possible to change the Action "telnet" so that I can use another Telnet Terminal Program like ZOC or so?

mfg

Carstro

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
LindsayHill
Message 2 of 4 (689 Views)

Re: IMC 5.1 - Change the Action "Telnet" program call

The key point here is that when you click the Telnet link, it's just providing a URL like this: telnet://X.X.X.X to your browser. IMC doesn't tell the client which Telnet program to use - it's up to your browser to interpret this.

Different browsers have different ways of handling it. Internet Explorer makes it difficult to enable this, but it's do-able. Once enabled in IE, you can use the registry to change the program that gets called.

With Firefox, the first time it opens a telnet:// link, it will ask what program you want to use. You can set it to always use that program.

Note that this is different to the SSH link in iMC, which uses a Java applet to launch a program. That is configurable within iMC, as opposed to the browser.

But of course, you're using SSH everywhere, right? Right?

CCIE 36708 | @northlandboy | lkhill.com
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
carstro
Message 3 of 4 (680 Views)

Yes SSH. Only.

I search for a sutution to start my own Terminal Programm with other Parameters. And not Putty.

When I use the IMC SSH Button, I can change the path to my Terminal Programm, but it will not save the path. Next Time I use the SSH Button, it shown the path to Putty.. Can I change this behavior?

mfg

Carstro

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
LindsayHill
Message 4 of 4 (673 Views)

I'm not sure why it's doing that - it saves it fine for me.

The SSH handler is very different to the Telnet one.

CCIE 36708 | @northlandboy | lkhill.com
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation