system recovery for hp pavilion 760n (673 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Kris Knudsen
Message 1 of 4 (673 Views)

system recovery for hp pavilion 760n

Help, I am trying to do a system recovery on my old HP Pavilion 760n and when I get to the Boot selection, one of the choices is not Boot Device Priority, so I can't continue....what do I do?
Honored Contributor
Rich S
Message 2 of 4 (673 Views)

Re: system recovery for hp pavilion 760n

Hi Kris,

1. Enter the BIOS Setup program by pressing the key after the Power-On-Self-Test (POST) memory test begins.
2. Select the Boot menu, and then the Boot Device Priority menu.
3. If the RAID volume is not listed in the Boot Device Priority list, press , and then select the Hard Disk Drives menu.
4. Select the RAID volume as a boot device using the Up Arrow or Down Arrow keys and press .
5. Select the Boot menu and verify that the RAID volume is now listed in the Boot Device Priority list.
6. Press to save the BIOS settings and exit the BIOS setup program.
7. The system should now boot.

Here is your homepage:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/product?product=71016&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en〈=en&cc=us

Rich

Say thanks with HP POINTS
Frequent Advisor
John Marion
Message 3 of 4 (673 Views)

I have a different system but another way to get Boot Device choices might be ESC at the the blue boot screen. When I hit ESC a box comes up offering

1. Removable Device
2. ATAPI Device
3. Hard Drive
4. Network Boot

Maybe you can use ESC to choose the ATAPI device.
Acclaimed Contributor
Cheryl G.
Message 4 of 4 (673 Views)

If you are trying to do a Recovery using the recovery partition on hdd,tap the F10 key at boot up as soon as you see the blue HP logo screen.Once into Recovery use the Advanced option if offered to format and clean install.
If you are using Recovery Disks,boot with the first cd and try tapping the ESC key at blue HP logo screen to see if a boot menu with cd-rom is a choice.
If the ESC doesn't offer the choices,reboot and tap F1 key at logo screen.Once into bios setup go to the Boot tab and move the cd-rom up into first boot position.Exit and try with Recovery Disks again.
``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.