driver for Keyboard KB 9963 ? (Windows 98) (2295 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Message 1 of 3 (2,295 Views)

driver for Keyboard KB 9963 ? (Windows 98)

Hi, my wife just brought home the Compaq KB 9963 keyboard to replace our old keyboard.

I have searched the HP site _and_ google for a driver to program the eight buttons. The only driver I saw mentioned Windows XP (or Windows 2000). We are still using Windows 98.

This is not a big deal if I can't use those buttons, but was just wondering in anythign exists. __Please__ contact me personally if you can help.

At this site there were no links for the keyboards so I won't be surprised if I don't receive any info. Thanks in advance, Dave Horne
Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 3 (2,295 Views)

Re: driver for Keyboard KB 9963 ? (Windows 98)

The keyboard drivers seem to be organized around whatever computer it might have shipped with. However, you could try something like this:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/evoworkstation/us/download/14161.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 3 (2,295 Views)

Re: driver for Keyboard KB 9963 ? (Windows 98)

Steven, thanks! That file\driver did the trick. I have to admit however that I was a bit leary - there was no FAQ sheet to read before installing, but it went flawlessly and I'm in the process of assigning the buttons. (7+ megs seems like a very large file just to assign a few buttons, doesn't it?)

Thanks again, Dave Horne - The Netherlands
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.