TSST Corp Cd/dvdw ts h552L (1315 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Tracy Powell
Message 1 of 39 (1,315 Views)

TSST Corp Cd/dvdw ts h552L

Why do I get this error message.

Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41) How can I find it?
Mind you this is after I have troubleshooted the problem. Do this mean I have to delete everything and re-install, meaning using my back up disk. Please help. Thanks in advance.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
john s
Message 2 of 39 (1,315 Views)

Re: TSST Corp Cd/dvdw ts h552L

Hello Tracy,heres some help...go to start,then tp my computer,right click on my comp,then on the bottom of the list open up properties,there youll see your system propertirs,open up hardware tab and go to device manager...look under disk drives,it should be listed there.You can run the trouble shooter from there to see what your problem is...hope this helps John
Please use plain text.
Advisor
john s
Message 3 of 39 (1,315 Views)

To open Device Manager, click Start, click Control Panel, click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
If Device status reports a problem with your device, click the Troubleshoot button under Device Status for suggestions on how to solve the problem.

If your device is not listed in Device Manager, it is not recognized by your computer. You need to install a new device driver manually.

To install a driver manually

Close any open programs.
Start the Add Hardware Wizard.
Click Next, and wait for Windows to search for Plug and Play hardware. Most newer hardware is Plug and Play, so you will rarely need to go beyond this step.
If no Plug and Play hardware is found, a list of hardware types appears. Click Add a new hardware device, and then click Next.
Click Install the hardware that I manually select from a list, and then click Next.
In the Common hardware types list, click the appropriate hardware category, and then click Next.
In the Manufacturers list, click the manufacturer of your hardware, and then in the Models list, click the model name.

Or, click Have Disk if you have an updated or third-party driver to install for your hardware.
Click Next, and then follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation.
Note

To open the Add Hardware Wizard, click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Printers and Other Hardware. Under See Also, click Add Hardware.

Heres the official version for XP,just in case...it takes you a few steps further than I did,really hopes this helps John
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
GRZEGORZ WLODARCZYK
Message 4 of 39 (1,315 Views)

solution above help in nothing.... driver is recognised as working in not appropiate way. normaly I could find all drivers on http://www.samsungodd.com/eng/ but this time, when I looking for "TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H522L"..... ups nowere to be found :/ it possible get another drivers from similar series, but not that actual one...

PS. pll who looking for unswers here for 99% know how to update driver......

PS. sorry for my english ;]

regards
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
GRZEGORZ WLODARCZYK
Message 5 of 39 (1,315 Views)

\IDE\CDROMTSSTCORP_CD/DVDW_TS-H552L_______________0614____\5&38C4621F&0&0.0.0

to be sure about what we talking about ;/

PS. shame that on HP Support
http://h10018.www1.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html
when I looking for TS-H552L, I get "HP L1502h Flat Panel Monitor" as result ;/

very frustrating :/
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Asif Patel
Message 6 of 39 (1,315 Views)

I am having the same issue. I just bought a refurbushed Compaq SR1820NX. It came with a TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552L as a DVD Writer.

The drive can recognize CD's, CD-RW, DVD-Rom. But it cannot recognize a Maxell DVD-RW or a Sony DVD+RW. These are the only DVD RW's I have.

There must be a firmware update, but I can't find one. I have 10 days to return this thing, so I need a quick answer.

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Rich S
Message 7 of 39 (1,315 Views)

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Rich S
Message 8 of 39 (1,315 Views)

sorry above is wrong one.

see:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&softwareitem=pv-3...

the last letter is for hardware revision only so this one will get you working again.

Rich

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Asif Patel
Message 9 of 39 (1,315 Views)

Hi Rich,

Thank you for your response. I will have to try it out later. But, just I'm more comfortable, why are you saying I can update with the "B" firmware instead of the "L" firmware, which you had in the first post?

My DVD Writer is a ts h552L.

There are always warning with firmware that you are risking breaking your drive for good if you use the wrong firmware.

Thanks in advance.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Rich S
Message 11 of 39 (1,075 Views)

sorry bad link above...try :

http://tinyurl.com/y4amla

Rich
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Asif Patel
Message 12 of 39 (1,075 Views)

Hey Rich,

More of those links don't work...

The 1st link has Device Manager instructions. No problem.

2nd link doesn't work.

3rd link (cdfreaks) seems to be specific to a program called Exact Audio Copy (EAC).

4th an 5th links don't work.

6th link is the update for Lightscribe software, but only refers to the TS-L552L, not the "H552L", like I have.

I'm just curious why you suggested in your posts from earlier today that I update my drive with the TS-H552B F/W.

Are you sure it won't damage my drive? And if the F/W screws up my drive, how can I rollback firmware?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Rich S
Message 13 of 39 (1,075 Views)

Most HP software checks your device and will tell you if it is not the right one.

When in doubt, ask HP directly.

There was an HP doccument that stated the last letter is a firmware version only and could be ignored. I have not been able to find that link to give you. I'll keep looking.

I have in the past used other letters for the device drivers so I am not pulling it out of the air but again ASK HP directly if there is any doubt.

I do not work for HP in any way.

As far as the links are concerned, they were just various articles that I found by placing your data as a query in Google.

Only the first 2 were form the HP site.

Try doing a google on :

TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H552L

Good research data.

I can not find your exact driver on the HP site. What PC model do you have?

Rich

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Rich S
Message 14 of 39 (1,075 Views)

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Asif Patel
Message 15 of 39 (1,083 Views)

Mine is a Presario SR1820NX. But it's a refurbished model. I don't know if that's the reason, but it has this TSST DVD Writer, and not any of the ones listed under SR1820NX.

I could go thru returning the computer, but I can't help but feel like it's just some simple firmware update that'll solve my problem.

I was able to write to a CD-RW, and I was able to read a DVD-Rom. But when I stick in a DVD-RW or DVD+RW, it doesn't think anything is in the drive.

But the weird part is that at one point last night, I clicked to burn some little jpg files and....it burned. Weird. But that was it. The drive couldn't read the disc after the burn.

But I took the disc (a DVD-RW) to another comp in the house, and the other comp was able to see the two jpgs.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Rich S
Message 16 of 39 (1,083 Views)

You can contact HP via email:

http://wwemail.support.hp.com/fd2/EmailForm?countrycode=us&langcode=en&alt_countrycode=us&sni=compaq...〈=en&cc=us

Or by CHat:

http://ipgweb.cce.hp.com/psgna/caller/chat.asp?dd=presdtop_legacy&productName=Compaq+Presario+SR1820...〈=en&cc=us

The chat was my best bet. Its a form you fill out before downloading HP's chat (IM) software. But at least you are typing to a real HP tech that can answer all your questions.

And its free.

Rich
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Rich S
Message 17 of 39 (1,083 Views)

So far,

I have foune the web site this device comes from originally.

http://www.tsstorage.com/korea/en/product/info.php

But only found a manual on it.

Contact HP is still your best bet.

I found the driver (attached file) it is on the TSST site but it is a binary file.

Rich
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Asif Patel
Message 18 of 39 (1,083 Views)

Great help Rich. I'm still not home to try any of these things out, though. I'm talking now to Monty, on an online chat, but he says not to use firmware with a different name (the B, instead of the L).

Otherwise, he says I should try different brand discs. I've tried Memorex and Maxell, with no luck.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Rich S
Message 19 of 39 (1,083 Views)

Tracy, (the person that started this quest) has not been back on since August.

So if you want to continue this line, maybe you should branch off and start your own question
by starting a new link.

This one is a little crowded.

It's up to you.

Rich

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
DUNG TRUONG
Message 20 of 39 (1,083 Views)

I own an "HP Pavillion a 1257c" which came with a TSST CD/DVDW/TS-H552L drive on it.
Recently that drive could not read or write at all. The power light was on but the drive did not function. Please advise me what need to be done to fix this.
I tried to re-install the driver file but my system could not find it anywhere at all.

Dung Truong
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Asif Patel
Message 21 of 39 (1,081 Views)

My final update. I went through a couple of days of customer service with Compaq. Finally, they had me do a full recovery, and told me if it didn't work, to call and they would send me a new dvd writer.

I did the recovery. It didn't work. I called. They were putting through the order and then..... Sorry, sir. I bought my refurbed computer from a store in Canada called Factory Direct.

Compaq says the computer I have (based on serial number) was purchased in the US, so they can therefore not help me since I am in Canada. Basically, I have a computer with no warranty.

So, I took the computer back to where I bought from, and they replaced my dvd writer with one from another refurbed Compaq (same model...SR1820NX). This one was a Lite-On drive. One of the ones listed in the SR1820NX firmware download page.

This DVD writer works fine. No problems, and I eve upgraded the firmware from HP's website. Unfortunately, I still have no warranty.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Rich S
Message 22 of 39 (1,081 Views)

Dung,

Post a new question. This one has too many people asking questions. You will get more responses if you post your own question.

Rich
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
matt krawczyk
Message 23 of 39 (1,081 Views)

I do have THE answer to this if you are still having this problem. My system has the same drive and I got it working perfect again. Follow the instructions on the file that is attached. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Asif Patel
Message 24 of 39 (1,081 Views)

After going thru several steps with HP, I ended up returning the drive within my return period and getting a new drive. This time a Lite-On. Hopefully if someone else has this issue, they can try it out.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Yvonne Johnsgaard
Message 25 of 39 (1,081 Views)

Hello. I need help. I have the same problem as Tracy with the same driver (TSST corp CD/DVDW TS-H552L). I have tried to update the driver, but my system could't find it. What do I do?

Yvonne
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation