PLEASE HELP! Need Ethernet Driver for HP Pavillion 310N - WINDOWDS 98 (94 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Cuban
Message 1 of 6 (94 Views)

PLEASE HELP! Need Ethernet Driver for HP Pavillion 310N - WINDOWDS 98

I tried the above referenced links for the Windows 98 Ethernet driver for the HP Pavillion 310n PC.

Does anyone have any other links or suggestions to properly install this driver on my machine?

Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
CA876346
Message 2 of 6 (94 Views)

Re: PLEASE HELP! Need Ethernet Driver for HP Pavillion 310N - WINDOWDS 98

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Y
Message 3 of 6 (94 Views)

I gather your having trouble after changing the OS back to 98, look in the device manager and see what ethernet card is listed and then go to that makers site and try a few drivers out, thats all you can do at this point, --or look here..............
http://www.network-drivers.com/
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
CA1119412
Message 4 of 6 (94 Views)

Hi,
Try the following steps to reinstall the network drivers

1. Click Start and choose Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel, double-click System. System Properties will be displayed.
3. Click Hardware tab and click the Device Manager button
4. In the Device Manager, look for "Network adapter" and click the plus sign (+) next to it. This will show the network card drivers.
5. Select the drive listed in the network adapter category
6. Right-click and select Uninstall
6. Click OK.
7. Repeat this process till there is no listing for network adapter. Close all windows and restart the computer normally.
8. Restart Windows. When Windows restarts, it will auto-detect and reinstall your Network drivers.

Regards.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
charles k. norman
Message 5 of 6 (94 Views)

Hi Shivakumer BS

Do you really think the poster will be waiting for an answer after the lapse of time since the last post?

Best Regards
Charles
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
CA767159
Message 6 of 6 (94 Views)

*I* do, yes. :) Very often a poster will just let a problem sit if they don't get an answer immediately. While many do only have one computer, a number of us have more than that & can afford the luxury of having a box idle for a few days or even weeks until a solution is found. If the last message was several months old, I'd tend to agree a newly-posted answer might not be of great use, but if it's only a couple of weeks I have no quibble with it. Even on usenet I've seen a problem go longer than that without a reply.

Bill
"Cheap is good; free is better."
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation