CA899496
Message 1 of 4 (223 Views)

P2B-VT Jumper Manual

looking for a jumper manual for a P2B-VT motherboard
Please use plain text.
(anon)
Message 2 of 4 (223 Views)

Re: P2B-VT Jumper Manual

there are 2 main variations of the P2B-VT, the Harrier on its Phoenix BIOS with its 440BX chipset and the Kestrel on its Award BIOS with the Apollo 133 based chipset...

both ignore the cpu multiplier & FSB jumpers, however this should give you an idea of the other jumpers...

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/document.jhtml?lc=en&docName=bph04948
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Lee Brown
Message 3 of 4 (223 Views)

Steven,

I too have a P2B-VT Mbd - 8575C. There are 2 sets of jumpers, when multiplied together give you your processor speed. Thus, one set is the FS series, which on mine was hard-wired on the MBD to be 100 MHz. I located this screened into teh motherboard after removing the Drive Bays. The second was a BS1-3, on the left side of the IDE cable connectors. This setting, multiplied by the other setting, gives CPU Speed. Mine was set to a 5.5 multiplier.

I also found a listing for the jumpers, as well as a P2B Manual online. Asus.com was one site. I also did a search on internet explorer by typing ASUS P2B-VT in the ADDRESS field of IE, and it located a number of sites pertaining to ASUS motherboards. Hope this helps.

Lee Brown
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
John Lorenzon
Message 4 of 4 (223 Views)

I am also looking for a manual for this motherboard. Got hold of one very cheap and trying to bring this MB online in a generic ATX case.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation