HP Pavillion Media Center M8277C (124 Views)
Occasional Contributor
James Desiderio
Message 1 of 4 (124 Views)

HP Pavillion Media Center M8277C

I bought an HP Pavillion (model m8277c) that has front panel inputs for analog composite video, svideo, and audio. My question is: is this front connection directly connected to the motherboard? Or is this connection passing through the original PCI TV Tuner Card at the back of the computer? I have changed the TV tuner card at the rear of the computer with a new SAA7130 TV Tuner Video Capture Card which is working by itself (the original one has been disposed because it was problematic). I never tried the front connection before not until I changed the card recently. I tried to connect a video/audio connection to the front panel, but I don't see/hear any audio-video.

Windows Media Center by the way does not recognize the new TV tuner card (I have to use the software that comes with it) nor the front connection.

What program shall I use to enable me to hear and watch audio and video with an A/V connection at the front panel? What shall I do to enable Windows Media Center to recognize my new TV card. Thanks in advance.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Rich S
Message 2 of 4 (124 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion Media Center M8277C

The video jack may have been connected to that card but the audio is seperate normally.

Check the SOUNDMAX icon in the Control Panel and see if it has a front panel jack option.

Also check any TV card option in the Control Panel too.

Rich

say thansk with HP POINTS
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
James Desiderio
Message 3 of 4 (124 Views)

Rich, this a/v front connection has separate audio connection for input and its not recognized by realtek audio manager. the other front audio connection (line out and mic connected to the soundcard) is recognized. At the front panel of my pc, I have one video and one audio input (which I am having problems with) and one line out for headphones and mic (which are working perfectly).
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
James Desiderio
Message 4 of 4 (124 Views)

by the way, there is no tv options in the control panel
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation