HP Pavilion a1210n won't recognize blank DVD-R discs (254 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Mike Scat
Message 1 of 2 (254 Views)

HP Pavilion a1210n won't recognize blank DVD-R discs

I'm using my HP Pavilion a1210n which has a HP DVD Writer 740b. I am trying to burn an iso image to a blank DVD-R disc. I have tried several brands of DVD-Rs and none of them have worked. I have also tried different programs to burn the iso to the disc, and all of them have come up with messages saying that there is nothing in the driver, when in fact there is. The computer says that the DVD writer is compatible with DVD-R discs. What can I do to fix this?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Ron Silver_1
Message 2 of 2 (254 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion a1210n won't recognize blank DVD-R discs

First try a DVD cleaning Disk. Then if it is the same try the following Open Device Manager and Left click the + sign in front of DVD/CD-drives Right click the drive and select uninstall and procede with the uninstall of the drive. Shut down compltely and wait 10 seconds and start the machine again and then after it boots completely check the Device Manager and see if it shows up again there then try to burn a DVD-r Disk. If it still won't burn you may have a defective drive. Out of 2 0 machine that I reloaded 8 had defective optical drives vintage was from2 years to 8 years so Optical drive failure isn't uncommon.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation