HP MY DISPLAY does not recognize the hp monitor (579 Views)
Occasional Visitor
khalid Haseen
Message 1 of 10 (579 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP MY DISPLAY does not recognize the hp monitor

HP MY DISPLAY does not recognize the hp monitor

Operating System : Windows Xp Media

Service Ticket number : 8004317652

Steps done to resolve the issue

Earlier in device manager under monitors -- instead of hp w2408 monitor -- default monitor was showing up, tried to install the driver through sp36335.exe which was in the driver installation cd of the monitor -- after that restarted the computer -- but still under monitors -- default monitor is shown -- again manually installing the drivers by have disk option in installation wizard. Now Hp w2408 monitor is shown. and the display is also proper hwoever when installed the My HP Display it says that this version works only with hp enabled displays however hp w2408 is installed -- went into properties of hp w2408 -- went into details and in device instance id -- the path is display\default_monitor\********* however this instance id should have the path of hp. went into registry editor HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\enum\display\default_monitor and deleted the folder default_monitor (Note: Hp monitor driver folder is also there) and then restarted the computer -- went into device manager -- monitor -- there is again default monitor -- however it should be hp monitor -- again reinstalled the hp monitor manually -- restarted the computer - now its hp monitor in device manager -- but hp display still gives the same message --- unistalled the hp monitor from device manager and retarted the computer -- now default monitor again shows up however hp monitor should be detected. Went into registry editor HKLM\system\controlset001\control\class\***** found the registry key for monitor and deleted it -- also went into HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\enum\display\default_monitor and deteted the key -- restarted the computer -- now even monitor is not shown into device manager and there is unknown device under which default monitor is listed. --------------- Ran Recovery on the computer --- but after recovery when went into device manager -- monitor -- default monitor is listed -- tried to load monitor drivers through installation. It says that drivers loaded however when restaretd the computer default_monitor still shows there -- reinstalled hp monitor manually through have disk option -- and then installed MY HP DISPLAY but the same error comes up.

Customer has a 19 inch HP Crt monitor -- connected that monitor and again ran recovery -- however after recovery default_monitor shows in device manager and untill and unless hp w2408 or device instance id display\default_monitor\********* is shown MY HP DISPLAY would not work.

Why HP DISPLAY is not working --- May be hp my display recognizes the monitor through the device instanceid which is shown as display\default_monitor\********* however it should be under hp and so my hp display detects default_monitor even though Hp w2408 is installed through have disk option.

Need help!!!
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
dmhoo29
Message 2 of 10 (579 Views)

Re: HP MY DISPLAY does not recognize the hp monitor

Does the monitor work properly?
If it does I would not worry.
On one my HP's,it shows the monitor twice in Device Manager but has no effect on the performance.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
khalid Haseen
Message 3 of 10 (579 Views)

yes the monitor works absolutely fine and when i go in device manager -- monitor -- in general tab the location of monitor is on nvidia display drivers which are correct display drivers
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
khalid Haseen
Message 4 of 10 (579 Views)

Moreover this not the issue with display of the monitor -- my hp display software has the capability of rotating the screen from landscape to potrait and potrait to landscape but this feature is not working because monitor is detected as default monitor
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Richard Bergman
Message 5 of 10 (579 Views)

I have the same problem with the HP w2408h monitor. Spoke to HP Service who provided me another new My Display driversk, however, they were 1.30 and I already have 1.32 on the disc that came with my computer. Not sure what to do. What is an HP enabled display, since mine is is HP?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Darvin Atkeson
Message 6 of 10 (579 Views)

There are a few reasons the My Dispaly software will not recognize the monitor. The most common is that Windows is not recognizing the monitor.

When the system boots, the display drivers query the EDID chip on the monitor to determien what type of monitor is connected. If this fails, the monitor will show up as a Default Monitor instead of a Plug an Play monitor. Installing the Monitor Drivers will change this but not the fact that the dispaly drivers were not able to communicate with the monitor. To fix this, I recommend the following:

1) Try updating the display drivers or at least reinstalling the current ones. Get them from the graphic card manufacturer's website if possible. Installing (or reinstalling) drivers will often get them to read the monitor as a Plug and Play monitor. My Display software should then work.

2) Not all monitor cables are created equal. Older cables did not contain the DDC pins necessary for DDC/CI communications that My Display uses. Make sure VGA cables have ALL 15 pins. If possible, use DVI (Digital). All LCD monitors are digital and convering the signal back and forth from digital to analog causes a loss in quality.

3) Try a different graphic card or system. You do not need to install HP My Display, just check to see if the monitor is recognized as a Plug and Play monitor. If it is, you may want to consider an ugprade to your grahpics card as it is not detecting the monitor properly. If it fails on two differnet graphic cards, contact HP support to see if they can test the monitor for you to ensure it is working properly.

Regards,
-Darv

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
khalid Haseen
Message 7 of 10 (579 Views)

Thanks for reply, however even conecting with dvi port, the monitor is not recognised. The computer which is being used is also an hp computer and the latest display drivers have been loaded but still the same issue

regards

khalid
Please use plain text.
Occasional Collector
Fred Deinlein
Message 8 of 10 (579 Views)

I am having the same problem with the HP L2245wg monitor on a Compaq Vista Ultimate system.

The problem started when a defective HDD failed and I had to rebuild the system on a new disk using the HP Vista and RestorePlus! DVDs. Installing the monitor utilities from the LCD monitor DVD tried included installaton of the L2245w drivers from that DVD, which seems to be what caused the problem.

From that point on, I get a "Windows found a new device and must download the drivers" error message. About 50% of the time, this installation fails, though I can subsequently update the driver manually and it works. In either case, I end up with the monitor.sys Generic PnP Monitor driver. The display appears to work correctly (though without the pivot capability and some other features that the utilities would have given me), but I can't rid of the blasted error message every time I reboot.

After inspecting the system logs, I found a message that said the driver could not be updated because of an improper signature. Vista treats certain drivers as compromised if they are not properly signed, and will not install them. It appears there is no way to fix this problem until HP fixes the driver issue.

I spent two hours on the phone with HP support, and downloaded the latest video drivers (on-board video controller from HP) and monitor drivers, but of course the latter cannot be installed for the same reason. The conclusion from the tech support guy was "This is an operating system problem; HP is a hardware company; we don't support the operating system." !! The O.S. OEM agreement with Microsoft requires them to support it. He could not escalate the issue beyond his supervisor, and they have no process in place to forward the problem to a software engineer who could consult with MS to fix the problem (he actually said HP doesn't have sw engineers).

I'm not sure where to go from here.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Ron Silver_1
Message 9 of 10 (579 Views)

When you downloaded the drivers. I have found one item that most people don't know about. If the machine has windows firewall and some third party firewalls the downloaded files are blocked and won't execute correctly till they are unblocked. To unblock a file select the download and right click it select properties then on the window that comes up select the Unblock button towards the bottom then the Apply at the bottom right. The file is unblocked now. Close the window. You can now execute the files correctly. I usually download them to the desktop for ease of finding them and save them there after I unblock them I usually burn them to a CDR so that I have them in the future.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Ron Silver_1
Message 10 of 10 (579 Views)

With Vista If you don't go into the device manager and uninstall the old driver and there is a button towards the bottom left to delete the driver if you don't check this box it seems to corrupt the new driver so that if the first install was corrupted then any future installs will be corrupted after you reboot the machine if you select the option to delete the driver the next install will be OK just make sure to unblock the download.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation