HP Hardware Diagnostic Tools - How To Change Schedule? (596 Views)
Advisor
Message 1 of 3 (596 Views)

HP Hardware Diagnostic Tools - How To Change Schedule?

Hello,

I've had my new m9152p for about two weeks. Earlier today, the "HP Diagnostic Tools" utility launched itself and began performing a "scheduled" system test. It's great that HP includes this type of utility however I do not recall setting a schedule, nor do I see any preference menu for entering, editing or canceling a schedule. Can somebody explain how one goes about managing this utility?

Thanks!
Occasional Visitor
Message 2 of 3 (596 Views)

Re: HP Hardware Diagnostic Tools - How To Change Schedule?

I had the same problem as you, and was frustrated to find this post as the top result on Google. With no solution!

So, I'm adding a solution so that the next poor schlub actually finds an answer.

SOLUTION:

This is managed by the OS's "task scheduler".

In Win Vista it's called "Task Scheduler".

Look for an item called "PC Doctor" and edit it.

Hope this helps!!

Advisor
Message 3 of 3 (596 Views)

Re: HP Hardware Diagnostic Tools - How To Change Schedule?

Thank you Raul. Your solution is precisely correct. I rescheduled the task for a more convenient start time and all is well. Funny that the default was 10am on the last day of each month. Seems rather obvious that a time/resource intensive process such as this is best suited for an overnight run.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.