HP Compaq D530 SFF shuts Down (545 Views)
Occasional Visitor
sajjad amer
Message 1 of 4 (545 Views)

HP Compaq D530 SFF shuts Down

my compaq D530 SFF, shuts down randomly. it powers on on pressing the power button but then either shuts down before loading the OS, or shuts down immediately after loading the windows XP pro.
i have tried with ubuntu and slax, and i encounter the same problem. fan and heat sink is dust and lint free, heat sink is properly affixed and i have applied some thermal paste as well.
any ideas is it power supply or MB. if it is power supply where can i purchase one?
Honored Contributor
Ron Silver_1
Message 2 of 4 (545 Views)

Re: HP Compaq D530 SFF shuts Down

There were some problems with the capacitors used on the motherboards on these see www.badcaps.net for examples. There have been both power supplies and motherboards for these on ebay. are you getting any beep codes?
Occasional Visitor
sajjad amer
Message 3 of 4 (545 Views)

thank you for reply, i do not get any beep codes, pc just turns off as if there is a power failure.
Honored Contributor
Ron Silver_1
Message 4 of 4 (545 Views)

Open the case and inspect the little 3/8 X 5/8 cans around the processor for leaking green junk for examples of bad parts see www.badcaps.net
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.