Crackle pop distorted sound in WMC (121 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Message 1 of 3 (121 Views)
Accepted Solution

Crackle pop distorted sound in WMC

HP 7757 Vista. I recently called myself updating drivers and apparently installed an older driver that changed my sound from OK on the WMC TV to now produce pops, crackles, and distorted sound. I recall one driver that said it would fix that problem but it seems it did the opposite for my machine. Can I install the correct driver over the bad (and how do you find the correct one) or do I have to do Restore back to original driver? Again how does one tell the latest driver?
Honored Contributor
Message 2 of 3 (121 Views)

Re: Crackle pop distorted sound in WMC

Select your sound card in the device manager and there should be a tab to rollback the driver under the drivers tab. You may have to do this to several Audio devices.I would also run disk cleanup and defragent the hard drive.
Occasional Advisor
Message 3 of 3 (121 Views)

Re: Crackle pop distorted sound in WMC

I face similar kind of problem with dv9207 us, when spoke to the HP person they asked me to reset the Bios that did not work so they suggested me to uninstall the Conexant HD drivers and install the new MUAA and then Conexant HD drivers that oo did not work, any suggestions appreciated.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.