Boot.ini file on Recovery Partition (277 Views)
Honored Contributor
charles k. norman
Message 26 of 39 (187 Views)

Re: Boot.ini file on Recovery Partition

PS Antony, if you really consider there is foundation to what you say rather than it being a specious outburst, can you fully particularise all your unsubstantiaed allegations with supporting facts in a post to the business forum where we can then engage in QED.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
CA767159
Message 27 of 39 (187 Views)

Gentlemen, gentlemen, please. :) Let's all try to remember why we're here & that there are other venues better suited to personal differences. :) The signal:noise ratio is probably a little better served if we take any personal grumps offline, no?

Bill
"Cheap is good; free is better."
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Jacob Percival
Message 28 of 39 (187 Views)

I have not had a chance to try the suggest by Cheryl of the SMINST folder. I will attempt to locate that folder some where and see if it helps at all. And since you mentioned it is only like 1.5 mb in size someone could email it to me or post it here that would be much appreciated. Email:japercival@earthlink.net.
Thanks again for your help, and don't worry I don't mind sorting through all the B.S., I do it on a daily basis. :)
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
CA782398
Message 29 of 39 (187 Views)

I wasn't directly saying you said this or that in this thread. In some instances its not in the single words or sentences, but the paragraph as a whole that gives a sort of feeling we are to not ask for anymore info, etc, because you came along and added another two cents. (sorry ...two pence).
The Nikkita thing is exactly the sort of thing I mean. No disrespect to that person. But everyone saw that they went to all that trouble to sign up to write just that in a forum for help. No clue as to what they had going on.
What Max replied is what we all were thinking. It wasn't harsh. And he asked for more info. But didn't take you long to scold him as I do you.
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
CA782398
Message 30 of 39 (187 Views)

Sorry people, I'm done.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
charles k. norman
Message 31 of 39 (222 Views)

Jacob, I agree it is B.S.

Best Regards
Charles

PS Antony you seem to have a remarkable ability to grossly distort and inaccurately interpret the facts. You put words into my mouth and then when it is demonstrated they are fallacious you then degenerate into what could be considered fabricated generalisations without substanstiation. You did the same on the discussion on your RAT, TAT, TAT method of answering with two or three posts in a row. I note you have contained yourself in the main to two or less in a row in this thread.

Indeed your ability to grasp and retain facts is admirably demonstrated in this thread. I quote extract from two of your answers above.

Feb 27, 2004 19:57:30 GMT unassigned

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi. I do believe Cheryl is indicating the boot on your C drive.
--------------------------------------------
Mar 1, 2004 20:58:16 GMT unassigned

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Who is Cheryl and why wait for her.

So within the space of three days having referred to Cheryl you then were clearly demonstrating a lack of memory retention in asking who is Cheryl.

And now our missing friend Nikkita. You make a grossly inaccurate claim. Look at her post. You will see I replied, Maureen replied and Cheryl replied. So on the basis of your standards of accuracy everone excludes Charles, Cheryl and Maureen. However, your ignorance of those facts does not surprise me given that you did not even know in another thread the name of your motherboard and its specification. Strange that someone was able to provide both and in your reply you used a description of brilliant. You must not have realised it was me. I forgive you for the mistake on your part given your outwardly antagonistic attitude.

Note that you are done and thus have displayed the miniscule limitation of your abilities to make up any more insults against me. Perhaps you should try the book Weasel Words to extend your horizons.

In the day I have had some people analysing my responses and yours. Some fascinating correlations and one of the conclusions - not mine - is that if there were any substance in your allegation the conclusion would have to be made that my answers were to be preferred to yours given our respective ratings. Anyway that is irrelevant other than it results in my case to a contribution to charity for each point I am awarded. So in an odd way if I help someone here then it does good elsewhere. I suggest you try it at $0.50 per point.
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
CA782398
Message 32 of 39 (222 Views)

Charles. The Nikkita issue was in fact in a different thread to the one she posted. In her thread there was order. But in that different thread you lambasted Max M for his treatment to Nakitta. But it sort of goes from bad to worse chatting to you. So enough said. I can't understand, nor should I have to understand half of your words.

As for points, we all get what we deserve. I have no issue with points and who deserves what. In fact I don't even keep track half the time. You answer more you get more right. I don't answer so much if I can't help. Thats all on that.

I am not trying to cause you all the harm that you instist I am. I don't put any words in your mouth. Again I don't fully understand half of what you say. I see what I see and say what I see and then get half quotes from you about Cheryl. I knew who Cheryl was! Its these long winded chapters you write that confuse people. I know what type of person you are, I have worked with a lot of people that you just can't deal with.

And I thank you for keeping tabs on how many succesive posts I do in a row. I make no issue with anyone if they are posting suggestions and help. As I see you have posted many in a row, such as the latest one I recall with several in a row with a link in each. You see that is the way I was operating on my ratt, tatt, tatt days. You go away and then think of something else...right? So how dare you bring that up again.

I find you to be rude, especially in these instances of conflict. I feel that you have absolutely no right to say something like you wrote, quote "However, your ignorance of those facts does not surprise me given that you did not even know in another thread the name of your motherboard and its specification. Strange that someone was able to provide both and in your reply you used a description of brilliant. You must not have realised it was me". What do you want me to say to you now? I explained thoughrouly in that thread that I have an MEW-AM. I have CPU-Z utility which has incorrectly told me I have the "Hawk". Whats so bad about that. I was straight, clear, to the point and thanked you for the help. (Yes I knew it was you. You do help a lot I do not deny that.)It is these types of degrading remarks that pop up in threads, that belittle us and make you look smarter or something..???

In fact I suggest to you that you only give help and share with other helpers if its warranted and helpful. We won't bug you if you don't bug us. You start to make this place like you are the boss and you are in every thread just ratt, tatt, tatting about stuff and not helping and just to say stuff like your off out for the day, etc.

Anyhow. I am not better than you, sure your older and wiser and I should respect you as I do many many people.
Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
CA782398
Message 33 of 39 (222 Views)

And Charles ...in that thread where you take credit for telling me the name of my motherboard (which I already told everyone I knew earlier in that thread) and you take credit for telling me the spec. When in fact I had already said higher up the thread that I figured out my own answer, that I in fact own the "Mercury" due to the fact that my BIOS is named Merc_210. And I give you the credit for telling John B in his thraed that he has the Hawk BIOS, which got me asking. But you see I got it figured before you posted that "brilliant" list. And that is a great list. But I have really taken offence to the way you do this sort of thing.
Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Cheryl G.
Message 34 of 39 (222 Views)

Jacob,I have emailed you the files with instructions,hope this gets you back where you can access Recovery Partition.If not we may need more info as to why you had to boot from the XP Pro cd.What problem he was having,etc.Good luck and we'll be hoping to hear from you soon_with good news or more help.
``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
charles k. norman
Message 35 of 39 (222 Views)

AT, I do not need your respect and I am amused at your contempt - it's good to know what you think. Frankly, I find everything you have said trivial and inconsequential. Accordingly I shall hold you in the same esteem as you hold me and ignore everything you have said.

I must say that if someone addresses a reply to me I do have the courtesy of responding when I may not be able to give an answer in a short while so that they do not think that I have ignored it. Indeed it was likely for medical reasons that I would have been away for 5 days but fortunately that was not the case. Indeed my health has been recovering since your tirade of insults. So perhaps I do have something to thank you for. Perhaps your modus operandi is good for an adrenalin buzz. It certainly does not have any hallmarks of politeness.

CKN
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
charles k. norman
Message 36 of 39 (222 Views)

FACTS - you identified from information I provided see extract below.

Mar 1, 2004 04:34:57 GMT unassigned
Antony T.

Hi Bill. Is that right that the MEW-VM is the "Hawk". Darn! I was under the impression my MEW-AM was a "Hawk" all these years. I have got CPU Analyser- CPU-Z (are you familiar with it?) and it tells a person what cpu chip, memory, motherboard and everything like that. And it always told me I have the "HAWK". I also was certain I have the MEW-AM. Where does a person actually find these nicknames on HP? I'd love to get mine right. Thanks.

Mar 1, 2004 04:46:04 GMT unassigned

Antony T.

Its late here! I think I can anser my own question about the Hawk to save anyone the time. I see Charles just provided a link to the BIOS for the HAWK. Its called Hawk_103.
That reminds me my BIOS is the Merc_210.
So the MEW-AM would no doubt be a Mercury...??
I shall quadruple check that CPU-Z program tomorrow. I know it told me it is a HAWK years ago and still will, and I have heard the name Hawk and MEW around these forums and just assumed that was same as mine.
But of course we are talking about a third party utility giving me whatever info it wants!
Thanks again.

Mar 1, 2004 04:47:24 GMT unassigned

CHARLES K. NORMAN

Herewith a Revised List, July 2002

011027 --- Lomita
129504 --- Imperial
20011022 --- Cupertino
A7M266-M --- Bermuda or Bora Bora
A7V-ML --- Congo
A7V-ML --- Lanai
A7V-ML --- Maui
A7V-VE --- Columbia
A7V-VM --- Mocha
A7V-VM --- Montana
A7V-VM --- Moorea
A7V-VM --- Tahiti
AZ33 --- Lisbon
Cognac --- Cognac
CUSL-L --- Cozumel
CUV-NT --- Pegasus
CUW-AM --- Tortuga
FS39T --- Madrid
FW37E --- Vienna
FW37T --- Oslo
K7M --- Pandora
MEB-VM --- Falcon
MEW-AM --- Mercury
MEW-VM --- Hawk
MEZ-VM --- Falcon
MSI 6367 --- Mambo
MSI 6579 or N1996 --- Argon
MSI6367 --- Samba
MSI6382 --- MSI 6382
MVPD1-07 --- Santa Fe-L
MVPD1-07 --- Santa Fe-MV
P2B-VE --- Condor
P2B-VT --- Harrier
P2B-VT --- Kestrel
P4B266-LA --- Danube
P4B-LA --- Amazon
P4G-LA --- Corolla
P4S333-M (or P4S-LA) --- Missouri
P4S-LA --- Indiana
P4T, WMTA, or Dragster --- Alcatraz
P4U-LA --- Dublin
P5S-VM --- Osprey
SPAX or SPAX-M --- Puma
TUSL-L --- Hudson
TUW-AM --- Yellowstone
TUW-LA --- Greenland
VC31 --- Zagreb
VC31 --- Tap
VC35 --- Budapest
VG31 --- Tango
VI31 --- Berlin
VI31E --- Jive
WMT-LX --- Sonic

Mar 1, 2004 05:01:36 GMT unassigned

ANTONY T.

Oh brilliant...thanks a lot.

Mar 1, 2004 05:23:53 GMT unassigned

CHARLES K. NORMAN

John,

I am still searching but not so far getting much further on MEW-VM.

If I find it I will be back

Best Regards
Charles

PS Antony - this is the link for the MEW-AM

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/hub_search/document.jhtml?lc=en&docName=bph07170

Mar 1, 2004 06:27:18 GMT unassigned
ANTONY T.
Thanks for the link to the MEW-AM specs Charles. Thats the sort of stuff I couldn't find years ago when the computer was new. Haven't bothered much with research about it in the past couple years as the kids use it and it runs great.

CA782398
Message 37 of 39 (222 Views)

Charles, I don't know what you tried to say in that last post with all the quotes.
I have said all along that I knew I had the MEW-AM, and said so before you gave a list of all the nicknames to the motherboards.
I gave you credit a couple of posts up for telling the person they have the Hawk BIOS, at which point I started to think that I thought I had a Hawk. After posting that query about the Hawk and MEW-AM or VM, I answered my own question when I said its late, where I went and double checked the BIOS I was using and is Merc_210, so I add that info. Very shortly after you posted that list for me. I said "Brilliant" because I have seen so many of these names and the list is good for future reference...remember I had already figured out I have now a Mercury on my own as far as finding the info I needed to answer my own question, and gave you credit for the Hawk reference that made me go look. That is the only information you gave to that point...the word "Hawk".
I mean...come on...you want me to give you points now or something....this is typical of you. You never gave me any info except the Hawk word so you don't get any!! If you are going on about the specs to the MEW-AM link you proivided then your a bit slow. I thanked you for it, partly to be nice, and I already have a PDF manual for this motherboard. I never found much stuff when the computer was new, although I had seen that link many times before. I have found stuff since, but gave up "research", as in what more can be done with it. Guess I wasn't very thourough. My fault. But you thought I needed specs or something.

I think you are missing the point...or senile, you tell me. This proves the point that you have to be right, even when your not. This could go on and on. I give up. You win!! I know your type.

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Cheryl G.
Message 38 of 39 (222 Views)

As Bill so diplomatically said earlier

"Gentlemen, gentlemen, please. :) Let's all try to remember why we're here"

All of us who have email notification turned on,in case Jacob needs more help,are getting them from your posts to each other.Maybe start a new debate thread?
``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
charles k. norman
Message 39 of 39 (222 Views)

Well done Cheryl on e-mailing the file. And thank you again for your wise words, which I regret and do apologise to all were not heeded earlier. Your an Angel.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation