Beanbag Emulation Device (8812 Views)
Advisor
DAVID BRANDMAN
Message 1 of 8 (8,812 Views)

Beanbag Emulation Device

Have a Pavillion M9077c running Vista SP1. Periodically, on reboot, it will tell me it needs to load a driver for Microsoft WPD File System Driver. The driver gets loaded and I'm good to go till the next time this occurs. This has been perplexing. Today, not only did I get message about the WPD driver, but also for the Beanbag Emulation Device. No driver was automatically found for this device. What is the Beanbag Emulation device? Do I need it/want it?

Thanks - Dave
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Bobby Sledge
Message 2 of 8 (8,812 Views)

Re: Beanbag Emulation Device

Please see the response nera the end of this thread:

http://tinyurl.com/bc4bpd

It has to do with the Infra-Red (IR) receiver port on your computer, used for the little remote control.

Say thanks with HP Points.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DAVID BRANDMAN
Message 3 of 8 (8,812 Views)

Thanks - So where for Vista do I find the drivers for this?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Gene F
Message 4 of 8 (8,812 Views)

David, here is a link to the "Select software and drivers" page for your computer for Vista:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us〈=en&product=3624429

I am not certain that what you require is on this page, but it may be combined with another driver. You may want to call HP Tech Support to see what they say.
Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Bobby Sledge
Message 5 of 8 (8,812 Views)

Hello, Dave and Gene;

I believe this driver is part of the chipset driver, as it is a device level component on the motherboard.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DAVID BRANDMAN
Message 6 of 8 (8,812 Views)

I suspect that this was an after effect of running Windows Update on Friday. The update that stands out was Cumulative Update for Media Center for Windows KB960544. Problem first appeared on next reboot - which wasn't till Saturday. At moment I don't think I'm missing anything as I'm not really using Media Center - but would be nice if it did work should I decide to do so. Went to the driver page referenced above, but nothing obvious to apply.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Gene F
Message 7 of 8 (8,812 Views)

Bobby, that is what I suspected was the case. I know that I have never seen a driver for the Beanbag Emulation. Thanks for your input. I will now know what to tell folks in the future.
Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
W Schmidt
Message 8 of 8 (8,812 Views)

Beanbag Emulation Device (Alias: hemmoroid)

We have updated most of our machines to various versions of WIN7 OS. The entire process went very well even when you consider the "device compatibility issues".

Historically...

Only one tiny issue existed during the Vista to WIN7 Upgrade process. The upgrade would halt because of the existiance of the unknown infrared USB device. The WIN7 upgrade advisor ran prior to these efforts but found no conflicts realted to unknown infrared USB device. After three(3) attempts and three(3) failures I chose to reboot and unistall the unknown device and device driver. Then I began the successful WIN7 installation WIN 7 upgrade.

After some research on the web from non-HP sites it became evident that this device was the Beanbag Emulation Device that seeks out the handheld remote controller device that comes with HP Multimedia PC's. We never used this handheld controller but it seems to be associated with the little blue light we call the hemmorhoid above a small, visible infared port on the front panel.

This workstation is a Quadcore PC, dual core.
Quad 6600 Processore 3Ghz Speed and 3Gigs of RAM. Now running WIN7 OS X86 8 32 Bit Version
Model GN553AA - HP Pavillion m9040n Desktop.

Currently....

Everytime the Quadcore PC boots it finds an unknown USB device but does not send an audion or screen notification alarm. However, everytime the PC comes out of "sleep or power-save mode" it alarms us with a driver load error. We have tried to disable the device but it seems to be associated with mother board boot rom and always attempts to install this device at system start up or restart. If we go into device manager and attempt to uninstall the USB device it simply attempts to install it on the next USB device location port.

I surmise we need a new driver for the USB Host Adaptor but as yet we have been unable to find a cure for this little
"hemmorhoid" of a blue light . Yes, we are striving for perfection, but all the other WIN7 OS machines that we have upgraded work faster and cleaner with the exception of this QuadCore workstation. I remain in my efforts to look for a solution from either HP or Microsoft. Your assistance will be appreciated.

WIN7LabGuy
Certified Microsoft Technet Plus User/Site
williamschmidt@itsearchcenter.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation