Audio Driver Problem in dc5800 microtower (5372 Views)
Occasional Visitor
narinciye
Message 1 of 2 (5,372 Views)
Accepted Solution

Audio Driver Problem in dc5800 microtower

[ Edited ]

Hi all, i have a dc5800 microtower. I have bought a new graphics card (HD2400) to work with dual monitors but I realized that when I plug in the card, on board audio hardware is disabled. Audio driver (SoundMax) doesn't respond or I can't install a new audio driver. Do you any idea about the problem or how I can fix this? Thx for your answers.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 2 of 2 (5,361 Views)

Re:Audio Driver Problem in dc5800 microtower

[ Edited ]

Hi:

I was looking at the specs on the HD2400 card and it has onboard sound.

My assumption is that when you plug in the card, not only does it disable the onboard video, but it also disables the onboard sound, so you can take advantage of its built-in 5.1 Surround sound audio via the HDMI cable.

Link to the specs on the HD2400.

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/ati-radeon-hd-2000/hd-2400/Pages/ati-radeon-hd-2400-...

So, unless you can hook one of your monitors up to an HDMI cable and it also has jacks for speakers, I don't believe you will have any sound.

This is only speculation on my part, as I do not have a graphics card which also includes onboard audio.

Paul

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation