5188-6077 Multimedia Keyboard (1899 Views)
Occasional Visitor
cmdunn81
Message 1 of 7 (1,899 Views)

5188-6077 Multimedia Keyboard

I have a Pavillion a6000n PC and I do not have the Vista CD to recover. Therefore, I proceeded to delete all the Partitions and load Win XP. Since I have loaded windows XP I was able to download all of the drivers for XP relative to the hardware that I have in my computer, except the Multimedia Keyboard. Would someone please help me by giving a list of the manufacture's link for XP downloading all of the drivers. Including the Keyboard and Motherboard. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Honored Contributor
dmhoo29
Message 2 of 7 (1,899 Views)

Re: 5188-6077 Multimedia Keyboard

Several people have converted the same model on here.This link has all your needed drivers. Just pick and choose.Make sure to look through the whole posted thread.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1145864
Honored Contributor
Gene F
Message 3 of 7 (1,899 Views)

First, here is a link to the data pages for your rig and motherboard:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/prodinfoCategory?lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3377269〈=en

Next, here is a link to the drivers for your keyboard:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericSoftwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&cc=us&softwareitem=ob-40564-2

Last, here is the link to the nVidia's driver download page:

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

You may want to use the "Automatically find drivers for my nVidia products". It is "Prerelease", but it is worth a try.

Your Chipset is a "NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430".

Say thanks with HP points.
Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!
Occasional Visitor
cmdunn81
Message 4 of 7 (1,899 Views)

Thanks for the help. However, when I run the setup to install the driver for the Keyboard I get a message that states "Please press "YES" to proceed with update". So I click yes to continue. Then I get a message that states " You must be logged on as an administrator to install this update. Update has been cancelled. (9999)". I do not know how to fix this issue. Please help.
Honored Contributor
dmhoo29
Message 5 of 7 (1,899 Views)

On XP you will have to go into user settings and set yourself as Admin. If you still have Vista,you can right click on Internet Explorer on your Quick Launch on the tool bar and select Run as Administrator.
Occasional Visitor
cmdunn81
Message 6 of 7 (1,899 Views)

That is the thing though. When I go to User Accounts under the control panel and look at Change my Account. I am already set as the Computer Administrator. This one of the first things I double checked when I got the error of not being an administrator. Is there somewhere else that I need to set this? Thanks for all the help in advance.
Honored Contributor
Gene F
Message 7 of 7 (1,899 Views)

The only place that I know of to setup/delete "User Accounts" is in the "Control Panel". You may want to setup a new "Administrator Account" and delete the original. I have known people who have done this when the original account seems to be corrupt.

The only other suggestion that I will make is, backup your important data and do a system recovery or clean install Windows. I recommend this at least once per year. I do it when I begin having an inordinate amount of small glitches, such as you are experiencing.
Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.