Re: prolific usb to serial (246 Views)
Advisor
azeemunix4
Message 1 of 3 (246 Views)

prolific usb to serial

[ Edited ]

hi all
i have problem with my cable prolific usb to serial. i use cable console for cisco dte rg45 to serial female that serial connect to com1 alpha server & rg45 connect to converter where is converter rg45 to serial female and usb connect to notebook HP mini 210-1014tu i use winxp

many thanks for your response
azeemunix4

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards>Windows based to OpenVMS > Hardware. -HP Forum Moderator

Honored Contributor
John Gillings
Message 2 of 3 (246 Views)

Re: prolific usb to serial

azeemunix4,

Ah, maybe you could try to describe the issue more clearly. What are the connections? What are the symptoms of the problem? Did it ever work? What changed?
A crucible of informative mistakes
Honored Contributor
Alan_152
Message 3 of 3 (246 Views)

Re: prolific usb to serial

Likely, your problem is that you don't currently have a DTE to DCE connection between your laptop and your alpha server.

Both the alpha and your laptop likely both have DTE connections on them, so you will need a null modem cable and the appropriate gender benders between them.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.