TZ88 tape drive (217 Views)
Occasional Contributor
wingman828
Message 1 of 3 (217 Views)

TZ88 tape drive

I can read/write on a TZ88 tape drive with a DLTtape III but I cannot initialize the tape. I try the command

$ initialize/media=compaction $1$mkb0: label              and get the error message

%INIT-F-FILNOTEXP, file is not expired

What does that mean and why am I getting it ?

Thanks,

dk

Trusted Contributor
abrsvc
Message 2 of 3 (215 Views)

Re: TZ88 tape drive

[ Edited ]

From $HELP/MESSAGE  FILNOTEXP

FILNOTEXP,    file is not expired on volume on 'volume-name'

Facility:           MOUNT, Mount Utility

Explanation:  A tape file cannot be overwritten because it has not reached its expiration date.

User Action:  To overwrite or delete the file, mount the volume with the /OVERRIDE=EXPIRATION qualifier.

You must be the owner of the volume or have volume protection (VOLPRO) privilege.

FILNOTEXP,  file is not expired

Facility:          SYSTEM, System Services

Explanation:  A tape file cannot be overwritten because it has not reached its expiration date.

User Action:  To overwrite or delete the file, mount the volume with the /OVERRIDE=EXPIRATION qualifier.

You must be the owner of the volume or have volume protection (VOLPRO) privilege.

Hope this helps,

Dan

Occasional Contributor
wingman828
Message 3 of 3 (193 Views)

Re: TZ88 tape drive

Thanks Dan

I put the        /OVERRIDE=EXPIRATION qualifier     onto the INIT command and it worked.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.