Re: OpenVMS and Compellent (316 Views)
Occasional Visitor
khyattglc
Message 1 of 3 (404 Views)

OpenVMS and Compellent

I am doing some research for my company, and came across this forum as a source of OpenVMS expertise. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience running OpenVMS 8.3 or 8.4 along with Dell Compellent SAN arrays? Or if anyone has any idea if those can be integrated, or any obstacles to their integration?

Please use plain text.
Respected Contributor
Jur van der Burg
Message 2 of 3 (325 Views)

Re: OpenVMS and Compellent

If the san array is capable of setting an identifier for a lun you may be able to use it, but there are not many controllers besides the hp supported ones that can do that. If it cannot then the controller is unusable, you cannot get it to work with vms.

Jur.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Andy Bustamante
Message 3 of 3 (316 Views)

Re: OpenVMS and Compellent

First answer:  Check with Dell to see if they support this hardware with OpenVMS.

Second answer:  If your data isn't very important and you're willing to accept possible issues, try it and see what happens.  Be aware that load related problems may appear down the line.  

If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over? Reach me at first_name + "." + last_name at sysmanager net
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation