Re: rx5915 TomTom Product Code (155 Views)
Occasional Visitor
BRUCE MEHLHAFF
Message 1 of 11 (155 Views)

rx5915 TomTom Product Code

I have a RX5915. Where do I find my TomTom product code?
Trusted Contributor
AdamWhite
Message 2 of 11 (155 Views)

Re: rx5915 TomTom Product Code

Bruce

I'm being lazy and have just copy-pasted a reply I did to an earlier thread...

here it is...

My TT6 and UK maps arrived by post, with a credit card in the box detailing the product code.

A quick look on the ttcode.com web page (where you activate the product) shows that you as a download user should find the product code (in the form xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx) on the "My Account" page, where you downloaded the maps from. There is also a link there for "I Lost My Product Code"

You also need a device code (in the form xxxxx-xxxxx). This can be found using TomTom Home software on your desktop, via Help-Configuration Info.

An activation code is generated in the same form as the product code, but a different number, which you then tap into your device.

Do it all in one hit. I have found that if you bomb out of the activation process on your PDA without completing it, getting back to it can be a right pain.

It should all go Ok, but if you need help from TomTom, you'll spend ages trying to find the phone number on their website.

It's very well hidden, as a stock answer to an faq in their 'help' pages...

Took me a while to get TomTom set up on my hw6915, but now that I have (and realise the importance of the QuickGPS file), I'm very happy with the performance.

Good Luck!

Adam
Occasional Visitor
BRUCE MEHLHAFF
Message 3 of 11 (155 Views)

Thanks Adam but, My rx5915 came activated, No TomTom home software, No credit card in the box.
Trusted Contributor
AdamWhite
Message 4 of 11 (155 Views)

Stupid question, but why do you need the product code? If you need to re-activate, you can find your original act. code in TomTom home, as above.

Or you could use the link to tell TomTom you've lost the code.
Occasional Visitor
BRUCE MEHLHAFF
Message 5 of 11 (155 Views)

I want my product code to check for map updates.
Honored Contributor
Lutz Bendlin
Message 6 of 11 (155 Views)

Map updates come with their own Product Code.
Lutz
Honored Contributor
Ken Goto
Message 7 of 11 (155 Views)

I also have a rx5915. It does not come with a product code for TomTom. For more about upgrade to the newly released North America maps see this link:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1086806
Occasional Visitor
Chris Sheedy
Message 8 of 11 (155 Views)

The procedure described by AdamWhite worked for me, thank you for that info!

I live in North American and the rx5915 came with North America maps already activated and working right out of the box. On Dec 31, I purchased the TomTom maps of Western Europe, to get the 20% discount which expired at the end of 2006. This downloaded to my PC successfully, and installed onto an SD memory card OK. So I'd saved 20EUR on those maps but couldn't figure out how to activate them.

Then I read and followed the procedure described by AdamWhite. Because I had purchased the additional maps from TomTom, their web site's record of my account showed one entry for Maps, "Western Europe". The details of that showed the product code (xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx) which combined with the device code in the rx5915 gave an activation code, just as AdamWhite described. Success!

Now it's a waiting game until the North America update can be installed. As far as I can tell, the problems described by others still exist, I still lack the product code for the pre-installed maps.
Occasional Advisor
Mark Kozakiewicz
Message 9 of 11 (155 Views)

I returned my 5935(uk model) yesterday after discovering the Nav 6 and maps were not supported by TomTom, no disks supplied, no serial number, no means of backup provided........ Even the MS Mobile 5 Operating systen has the Backup facility removed. Also has issues with Firewall and need manual settings changes.
I did much research on this including contacting HP in UK, Australia and US for info......not a single reply.

Highly unrecommended till the above is sorted.
Frequent Advisor
Kurtd
Message 10 of 11 (155 Views)

It looks like HP posted the map update on the driver and software support page.
Frequent Advisor
Peter Goddard
Message 11 of 11 (90 Views)

"I returned my 5935(uk model) yesterday after discovering the Nav 6 and maps were not supported by TomTom, no disks supplied, no serial number, no means of backup provided........"

You should have paid a little more and bought Sprite Backup which enables you to back up the whole device to a PC or better, to a 2GB SD Card, maps and all. If your device goes down you can restore. I have a system backup that restores in a couple of minutes and the maps backed up separatley, although I've yet to need to restore these or the system yet. If you don't want to pay for Sprite, just backup using Active sync.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.