ipaq wireless pack battery problem? (108 Views)
Occasional Contributor
nader aziz
Message 1 of 2 (108 Views)

ipaq wireless pack battery problem?

i have grps wireless pack for compaq ipaq 3630, my problem is that the battery is not working anymore and i dont know what is the id number of the battery and how can i bye it from the internet, any one can help me??
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
Patrick
Message 2 of 2 (108 Views)

Re: ipaq wireless pack battery problem?

If you aren't using the pack for some time, the battery is drained through the electronics. When trying to recharge the totaly empty battery, the initial current is to high and the charging-curcuit is switching off. Most of the mobile phones have a trickle-charge mode, to prevent this effect, but not HP.

Just open the pack (remove antenna, simcard-holder and 4 Torx-screws, the cover is clipped to base, use your fingernails) and disconnect the battery. Provide about 2,5-3,5V für 5 minutes to the leads of the battery-pack (under the white strap, plus is colored in red) to provide an initial charge to the battery. After that, connect the battery again and try a normal charge.

There is no need to put in a new battery, but i think it's the same as in the PCMCIA and CF-expansion-packs.

Regards

Patri
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation