Re: ipaq losing all data on soft reset (436 Views)
Occasional Visitor
mark_h
Message 1 of 6 (628 Views)

ipaq losing all data on soft reset

ipaq hx2750 with cf and sd cards installed.

has been brilliant device and still is if i can get it to soft reset without seemingly doing a hard reset.

problem started after wmp hung and i had to soft reset, blue loading page came up but stopped about 1/3 way through, pressed reset again, screen went off then nothing. pressed power button - nothing, reset - nothing. finally connected charger and after delay blue rest screen came on and loaded, however all data was gone. re-sync'd and started installing programs. when it came to tomtom it needed a soft restart to finish installation, accepted yes, and reset. but all data was lost. tried soft reset several times and loses data every time. did hard reset but still same. reinstalled os (wm6.1) + hard reset but still same issue. main batt and backup batt are fine, can remove main batt and replace without any loss of data. works fine as long as i don't have to reset, but want to install tomtom and can't.

anyone any ideas, can i have changed some hardware setting through pressing various buttons etc when device first hung on reset?

Frequent Advisor
Winos
Message 2 of 6 (607 Views)

Re: ipaq losing all data on soft reset

Hello Mark_h,

Which Windows do you run on this device?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
The doors of wisdom are never shut. Benjamin Franklin
&
We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. Nelson Mandela
Occasional Visitor
mark_h
Message 3 of 6 (592 Views)

os = wm6.1 classic (ce 5.2.21057)

Frequent Advisor
Winos
Message 4 of 6 (578 Views)

Do you install your programs on the sd card or on the memory?

If you install the programs in the memory they will be gone after any reset.

Try the following: 

Install the programs on your SD card > Power your device off and on > Are the program's still installed?

Oh and did you flash a new os on it?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
The doors of wisdom are never shut. Benjamin Franklin
&
We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor
Kaj_3
Message 5 of 6 (543 Views)

As WM6 has got persistent memory, you should not loose anything after a soft reset reset.

Do you follow this procedure exactly?

http://www.hardreset.eu/hp_ipaq_hx2750_hard_reset_soft_reset_en.html

Does your ipaq work without TomTom?

Outstanding Contributor
Laura
Message 6 of 6 (436 Views)

The soft reset should not lose data. I would use a backup utility to backup your phone prior to the soft reset if you need to do it.
Laura Rooke
Microsoft MVP - Windows Phone [2006,2007,2008,2009,2010]
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.