Re: ipaq hw6945 (2582 Views)
Occasional Visitor
augustbaby
Message 1 of 8 (2,598 Views)
Accepted Solution

ipaq hw6945

[ Edited ]

I was trying to update my iPAQ ROM, iPAQ died in middle of install, all it shows is Serial or USB at the top, HP logo in middle and V G.39 at bottom. When I do soft rest it just flashes the logo and goes back to the same as described. Tried doing hard reset with power button and reset. nothing happens.
when I put it in cradle the computer recognizes it as USB HP but the [Windows Mobile Device Center] won't recognize it at all. can't create new connection. I'm stumped. have I formatted the rom somehow? how do I get the rom back up and running. I don't care about losing information.

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Jerome Perch
Message 2 of 8 (2,586 Views)

Re: ipaq hw6945

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Jerome Perch
Message 3 of 8 (2,582 Views)

Run the file below and make sure you on xp machine, power connect disable screen saver, if you think activ syn is not connect your are just run the file will take you back to orginal rom. the hp rom is bad and freezes the unit.
http://rapidshare.com/files/96527845/Ipaq_HW69XX_ENG_ROM.zip.html.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
augustbaby
Message 4 of 8 (2,578 Views)

You are the best!  It is working again and clean and useable!  I appreciate this more than you can know.  Thank you soo much!

Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Jerome Perch
Message 5 of 8 (2,574 Views)

I was there, I know how you feel. You welcome. Still dont know why hp doesnt remove that rom. It causes so much problems.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
augustbaby
Message 6 of 8 (2,563 Views)

I thought my phone was goner, and I'm getting ready for a long trip.  You saved me.  You are a godsend, and an answer to my prayer tonight. All the best, and keep helping those of us who are not computer/ipaq savey, we appreciate you more than you know.  Thank you again.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Ruedas
Message 7 of 8 (2,427 Views)

hi good night

I have a ipaq hw 6945 team which also try to update the rom and then try to do the update just sent me the HP logo V G.39, looking in the forums indicated that down and run a program from my pc, the file is the funcionom UNI_ExitBootloader.exe and I no longer appeared hp logo nor the VG39, but problerma is that now when the computer starts loading and just stays I get:

HP IPAQ
MOBILE MESSENGER

and up down the right side where the small logo hp says the following numbers:

and so it is no longer load or anything, and try all the resets they say in the pages of forums and none work

I ask your help please I'm desperate and do not know how to fix this problem
in advance thank you very much and best regards
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Jerome Perch
Message 8 of 8 (2,373 Views)

Try again the links in the above replies.   Make sure you have power connected, update from and only a XP machine. disable screensavers. The pc might not tell you are conncected to pc but you are. Let the rom update run do not touch anything while the update is running. WAIT AND BE PATIENTE.

gOOD LUCK

Jerry

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation