Re: iPaq 6515 can't find SD at All (299 Views)
Occasional Visitor
CA1312942
Message 1 of 7 (422 Views)

iPaq 6515 can't read SD card from Palm

When I insert my SD card used in my previous Treo600 with pictures on it, to my iPaq 6515 I can't see the SD card by using File Explorer.
Anyone can help? BTW, how can I format the SD card if I don't even see the card on 6515?

T.K.Pang
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
Laura
Message 2 of 7 (422 Views)

Re: iPaq 6515 can't read SD card from Palm

First try a soft reset.
Laura Rooke
Microsoft MVP - Windows Phone [2006,2007,2008,2009,2010]
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Mark Snyder_1
Message 3 of 7 (422 Views)

Below is my sock (and badly formated) answer for SD cards in PDA. The first thing you should do though is recover your pictures and for that a compuer based card reader, or copy them from your palm to your computer. After that you can try some of the tricks that are unfriendly to data.

Good luck.
========================================

Tricks to get your iPAQ to see your SD card.

1) Take the card out and re-insert it. This is quick and easy and works or doesnâ t.
2) Soft reset the PDA. This will clear any glitches that may have happened. Itâ s also quick and easy.
3) Format the Card on a computer based reader. If the card has been corrupted this may allow the PDA to see the card. You can then format it in the PDA the way you like or just use it.
4) Check the Card on another SD device (formatting it on a reader is one way to do that) to make sure the card is not defective.
5) You can try another brand card. Some brands specs and the iPAQ spec tolerance donâ t mesh well.
6) Hard Reset the PDA. If your PDA was reading the card fine but quit, this can restore itâ s ability to read the card. The catch is often this is just temporary and the problems will creep back in forcing another hard reset.
7) Update the ROM. If the PDA has a problem reading a card odds are this wonâ t work, but it does often clear up timing issues and the like. Plus HP will ask you to do this before you send in the PDA.

I have used all of these methods and have gotten temporary reprieve for SD card issues Iâ ve had in the past. An SD card should just work. You put it in, and it works like the iPAQ file store does. No muss no fuss. If these tricks donâ t work or if they only provide temporary relive consider replacing your iPAQ under warrantee. If you canâ t, you will either have to live with the problem or buy a new PDA that works they way you think it should.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ppcmd
Message 4 of 7 (420 Views)

Taking the pictures off of the card on you Windows PC is the best bet. I used to format my cards on my desktop by selecting the card and right click and pick format. Palm OS formatting of a card is not the same as WindowsMobile.

You can them put the pictures back on the card and see them on you HW6515.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
amediator
Message 5 of 7 (360 Views)

Re: iPaq 6515 can't find SD at All

None of that worked it just flat doesnt see the sd card at all it sees the smaller one but cant find it on the unit. I connected to a computer and checked its as if it doesnt exist on the device. Any options sure would hlep

Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
Prof Julie
Message 6 of 7 (311 Views)

If you're trying to use an SDHC (high capacity) card in your old 6515, it's never going to work.  The hx6515 can only use plain old SD cards.  I think the largest plain ole SD card was 4 GB, but that was a non-standard size and so I think a 2 GB SD card is more conventional.

Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone Consumer
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Winos
Message 7 of 7 (299 Views)

If you really want to read pictures from yoursd card please do this.

Download mini tool partition wizard. http://www.partitionwizard.com/download.html and install it on your computer. 

> Insert your sd card > Backup all your data > Open minitool > Go to your sd card > Right click on your sd card a menu pops up> Format your sd card  (FAT 32) > Again right click on your sd card but now click on split > Create in your case a partition smaller then 2000 mbytes > Click on apply.

Warning you now have a sd card wich is smaller then 2 gigabytes some computers recognise 2 sd cards some only one.

Put your files on  (The first) and try it in your pda. 

Sorry for my bad english i am Dutch.

Winos

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
The doors of wisdom are never shut. Benjamin Franklin
&
We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. Nelson Mandela
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation