iPaq 214 no longer connects to windows 7 WMDC (368 Views)
Occasional Visitor
ice70
Message 1 of 1 (368 Views)

iPaq 214 no longer connects to windows 7 WMDC

Hi,

my iPaq 214 failed to boot, never got past the blue start up screen, so I did a hard reset and that fixed what ever problem there was. But now I can no longer connect to the windows 7 pro 64 bit WMDC 6.1. Before the reset, the sync was working fine.

Step taken so far:

on the ipaq:

start > settings > connections > USB to PC > unchecked the 'enable advanced network functionality'

I uninstalled the drivers through device manager and when connected the HP serial driver was installed. Then the ipaq says the I need to install activesync 4.5 on the PC.

Removed the driver and rechecked the  'enable advanced network functionality' on the ipaq and another HP driver is installed, but there is still no connection to the WMDC, instead the windows logs > application has an error:

source: RapiMgr

event id 6

Windows Mobile-based USB device is plugged in but is unable to make a network connection to the desktop.

I ahve no idea what to try now! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation