Re: iPAQ hx2755 hangs after initial boot (451 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Shtin
Message 1 of 5 (463 Views)

iPAQ hx2755 hangs after initial boot

My iPAQ hx2755 was working fine for more then 8 years. One day it says that all memory is full and I have to uninstall some applications. But I did not install anything recently and it was working fine the day before. I looked to the memory settings and it was saying that 0 bytes is free -- all memory is occupied. I consider it like a bug and just reseted it. It shows initial boot screen with progress bar and when progress bar is 100% complete and it is about to show me Today screeen, it hangs. Only one way to turn it off is remove batarrey. I tried different types of reset, removed battery for several days -- nothing help. Seems to me there is something wrong with memory. Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks!

Outstanding Contributor
Prof Julie
Message 2 of 5 (451 Views)

Re: iPAQ hx2755 hangs after initial boot

[ Edited ]

A hard reset will remove all the data and apps you've installed to it over the years and return it to its out-of-the-box factory settings - a painful thing to do, but you'll most likely regain use of the device again.

Even if you don't do anything unusual with a device, simply using the device can cause some of its memory to be consumed.  For instance, new email messages and related attachments are stored to the device's memory; surfing the internet creates additional files that you may never see but consume memory on the device.  It is good practice to proactively clean up a device's memory by deleting old email, running utilities to remove IE temporary files on the device, uninstalling software that you don't use any more.....

You might be able to avoid a hard reset if you are able to plug the device into your computer and get ActiveSync or WMDC to recognize it.  Then you might be able to navigate the phone's memory via your computer's File Explorer software and delete enough files to at least regain access to it again.  After that you can proceed with uninstalling no longer used software applications, deleting old emails, cleaning up the IE browser history (which really does take up a lot of space), etc.

Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone Consumer
Occasional Visitor
Shtin
Message 3 of 5 (445 Views)

Thank you for you reply. I actially tried to perform hard reset already. I understand that I will lost everything but all important programs are on SD card. So hard resed does not help. :-(

Outstanding Contributor
Prof Julie
Message 4 of 5 (438 Views)

I went back and checked my personal notes about your device and since your ipaq is running the WM5.0 os, a hard reset probably won't do much (that was the term used for a factory reset for devices prior to WM5.0). 

What you need to do is a clean resetSee this link to learn how to perform a clean reset

Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone Consumer
Occasional Visitor
Shtin
Message 5 of 5 (429 Views)

Actually I've already tried "clean reset" with no luck. But this time I tried it again and it helps! Maybe I was pressing wrong buttons last time. But now it says "Formating PS.." and after few seconds it started to work. Thank you very much for you help. By the way, there is WM6 (Build 17944.0.3.1). Few years ago I installed new version myself but this "clean reset" still works.

Thanks again!

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.