iPAQ Pocket PC: Reboot after Driver Update problems (246 Views)
Occasional Contributor
johnshacks
Message 1 of 2 (246 Views)

iPAQ Pocket PC: Reboot after Driver Update problems

I decided today to update my Drivers - ROM etc - on my iPAQ and was baffled by it not responding after the update, I had put it in the cradle to re-activate the battery. I soft reset it and with no result I then Hard reset it - also no result. I removed the battery and tried a soft reset, with still no result, and all the while putting it in the cradle to re-set the battery. All the time the iPaq would not connect with the computer active sync. I don't know what to do, can someone please help

Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
Prof Julie
Message 2 of 2 (209 Views)

Re: iPAQ Pocket PC: Reboot after Driver Update problems

The OS on the iPAQ is corrupted.  Since the iPAQ can no longer obtain a successful connection with the computer so that ActiveSync recognizes it, there may not be any way to restore the iPAQ to working order.

This happened a lot when people attempted to update their iPAQs from a Windows 7 or Vista computer.  If you still have access to a Windows XP computer, go install ActiveSync to it and see if the iPAQ can make a successful connection to the computer so the computer and ActiveSync recognizes it as a window mobile device.  If it does, then you can try installing the update again from the XP computer.

Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone Consumer
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation