Re: iPAQ 910 losing audio diagnosis (451 Views)
Advisor
Michalis Georgiou
Message 26 of 48 (459 Views)

Re: iPAQ 910 losing audio diagnosis

No news??
Occasional Visitor
Lee House
Message 27 of 48 (459 Views)

With this not fixed i think i have to move on.
They will be getting my 914 back.

Occasional Advisor
jorge roland
Message 28 of 48 (459 Views)

Maybe it is also related with BT headset: when I try to use voice command, the voice that acknogledges or "reads" the options can not be recognized; it is mostly noise.
However, the voice during a phone call is heard ok.
Occasional Visitor
Frida
Message 29 of 48 (459 Views)

Oh No.. I experience the same Bluetooth headset hearing no 'say command' but bunch of noise instead. Conversation thru head set is fine though..

HP really disappoint me this time. they really did make some flawless machine before. but i'm soooo sooo soo tired paying couple hundred bucks to buy a machine with defects, and awaiting users to report flaws for them to fix.

they are supposed to test those machines w/o putting them on racks
Occasional Contributor
Rachiano Haselhoef
Message 30 of 48 (459 Views)

Same stupid problem here. I am not using any bluetooth device. Makes me wanna smash the phone against the wall!!! I am really getting frustrated especially when making important calls. HP should fix this ASAP.
Occasional Visitor
Younus Kathrada
Message 31 of 48 (451 Views)

Hello everyone,
I am also frustrated. An expensive piece of equipment like this and we can't use the bluetooth without having problems! Someone from HP called me yesterday after I sent them an email and now they're putting the blame on Microsoft. Apparently the problem is a software one and that's why they gave a wired headset with he unit. This is totally unacceptable and I'm fed up! I hope these guys sort it out.
Advisor
Laurence Doherty
Message 32 of 48 (451 Views)

I have had this problem since the start with my Ipaq 914c and it annoys the hell out of me.....It does work it doesn't work...it does work it doesn't work.........soft reset after soft reset and then uninstall 3rd party software. I had a feeling that it was the bluetooth.

So HP have washed their hands of this and to get Microsoft support you have to pay as the warranty only covers hardware for 12 months and only a short time for software. The last time I contacted HP about this they told me I would have to pay for it...

I wonder if HP will be giving us the Windows Mobile 6.5 software upgrade that due to be announced in Feb it would probably have a better bluetooth stack and solve a few problems............
Occasional Visitor
HR0001
Message 33 of 48 (451 Views)

I've the same problem. After a call without the BT headset sounds are working, with BT headset sounds off. New call without BT headset sounds on. We need the rom bugfix for bluetooth.
Occasional Advisor
DAVID LOBO
Message 34 of 48 (451 Views)

I called HP yesterday because I have a problem with the Vibration on the Ipaq... They are going to send me another one, but there are 94 People waiting ahead.... And I asked them if they found the solution for the Bluetooh Audio problem, and he said NO.... well, the problem is the bluetooth system is 6.0 and Windows is 6.1..... But he doesn´t know when HP will release a ROM.... Sweet.. HP low the Quality a lot
Occasional Visitor
Jordan Jacob
Message 35 of 48 (451 Views)

They just sent me a new 910c to replace my broken hw6945 since it was the 7th replacement I would be recieving. Unfortunatly I am victim to the same 2 bluetooth issues, loss of audio after getting off the phone and noisey voice command via Cyberon and Microsoft. These issues are present on the Samsung WEP200 and the Jabra BT135. However, Microsoft Voice Command has no noise and works perfectly fine with the Insignia NS-BTHDST Bluetooth Stereo Headset available from Best Buy. No idea if it also fixes the loss of audio issue but I am very dissapointed with this phone on the Bluetooth and sound volumes but aside from that I like it alot better than the hw6945. HP PLEASE HELP US LOYAL CUSTOMERS!!!
Occasional Contributor
Anthony Brown
Message 36 of 48 (451 Views)

I just got my iPAQ two days ago, and I am already running into the same issues. It is ridiculous. Of course I'm used to a Blackberry, and coming to Windows Mobile from that has been a hard change for me to make, but my company has required me to use this instead of the BB, so I need to make it work somehow. I checked hp.com and found no updates yet, has anyone found any fixes for this yet, or even a decent workaround? Like an amplifier?

-capT
Occasional Advisor
John Casselman
Message 37 of 48 (451 Views)

Talked to HP about 3 weeks ago... was told (not sure how true as haven't seen issue with other windows devices) it was a MS bug and they are waiting on patch from MS so they can then add to ROM - NO ETA ON ROM UPDATE.

My guess is they will never fix figuring they will just sell you the next generation model as this one will be out of date in another 6 months... with the release of the new HP OAK. J
Occasional Visitor
Mathias Steul
Message 38 of 48 (451 Views)

if this problem is a windows 6.1. bug ... why all the other windows 6.1 based phones works fine with bluetooth
Occasional Visitor
Mauricio Henriques
Message 39 of 48 (452 Views)

HP officially acknoledges the problem:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01614043〈=en&cc=us&taskId=101&prodSeriesId=3551665&prodTypeId=215348

No fix available yet other than use only compatible Bluetooth headsets...

MH
Advisor
Mall,Berthold
Message 40 of 48 (452 Views)

I have a Jabra BT 8040 and I have the same sound bug as all the others here. And Voice Commander is simply not understandable via BT. I installed the ROM Update that came out some 2 weeks ago. Voice Commander is even worse now via BT. I'm sort of disappointed with hp on this matter.
Occasional Visitor
Jorge Roland
Message 41 of 48 (432 Views)

Same here... Installed new (Spanish) version and "voice commander" still useless with bluetooth headset iTech
Neighborhood Moderator
AndyAtHP
Message 42 of 48 (432 Views)

I can't believe that we've been told it is an OS problem, and that it wouldn't be fixed because there wasn't enough justification to roll a ROM update - and yet a ROM update has just been released - without this fix.

Come on HP... How about a little love for last year's device?

a.
Occasional Visitor
Aluizio Machado
Message 43 of 48 (432 Views)

Hi,
any update ?
thanks
Occasional Advisor
James Freedle II
Message 44 of 48 (432 Views)

I have had the exact same issue. I also had the same issue on the iPAQ 510 Voice Messenger as well.
Occasional Visitor
Mauricio Henriques
Message 45 of 48 (432 Views)

Guys

The problem is software. I´ve installed Windows 6.5 on my iPaq 910c (got image from Sable xda-developers Forum) and the problem does not occur.

Do it at your own risk !!

MH

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=329
Occasional Visitor
Aluizio Machado
Message 46 of 48 (432 Views)

Unfortunately wm6.5 is not the ideal solution. For those who are accustomed to use many wm6.1 today-plug ins ,wm6.5 is a bad alternative. But, as the time is passing, i feel there is increasing low chances that someone (HP or Microsoft) will release some software correction for this.
Advisor
Berthold Mall
Message 47 of 48 (432 Views)

Well, hp had time enough by now to release a fix for that problem. Since they keep their mouth shut, I guess they don't care :(
Occasional Advisor
Winson Woo
Message 48 of 48 (432 Views)

I can say that this is probably my last HP device after buy 3 other ones before.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.