Re: iPAQ 5455 and VPN/Terminal Services (275 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Garth Johnson
Message 1 of 3 (275 Views)

iPAQ 5455 and VPN/Terminal Services

I just purchased this little beuty and have been enjoying all th econnectivivty and speed - not to mention versatility that it brings to my job as RND for my company.

The question is this - I originaly purchased the iPAQ to allow me access to the servers remotely through Terminal Services and VPN. However, when I try to connect the VPN, it attempts to connect and then just drops. I KNOW the VPN is up and running - I can hit it just fine from any other computer in the network (both LAN and WLAN). I am sure there is something extremely simple and most likely very obvious that I am doing wrong - help?

I have the iPAQ's network set up like this:

Connections -
Connect to the internet using Internet settings (and nothing special set in there) - I access th eweb et-al just fine
Connect to Work using Work settings, where I have no modem selected but I have fille din th eVPN server info in the VPN tab, with server assigned IP and both 'use software compression' and 'use ip header compression' boxes checked.

I am connecting to a Microsoft Windows 2K VPN server.

Any assistance would be greatly apreciated.
Occasional Visitor
Kris Krueger
Message 2 of 3 (275 Views)

Re: iPAQ 5455 and VPN/Terminal Services

Occasional Visitor
Troels Vesterled
Message 3 of 3 (275 Views)

Re: iPAQ 5455 and VPN/Terminal Services

Hi,

I dont think the link mentioned solves the issue. I have the axact same problem as described. Did you solve your problem connection with VPN from your hp ipaq?

Best regards
Troels Vesterled
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.