iPAQ 211 not recognizing down-loaded programs (376 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Dale E. Miller
Message 1 of 3 (376 Views)
Accepted Solution

iPAQ 211 not recognizing down-loaded programs

I have an iPAQ211 with Product Revision Level: 1.0, ROM Date 01-08-2008, ROM Revision: v1.00.06, OS Version: 1.00.00 and XIP Version: 1.0.0.0. The problem I am having is, the 211 is not recognizing any of my down-loaded programs. When I try to open a down-loaded program, I get a prompt that reads, "The file "xxx.exe" cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted certificate or one of it's components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring this file". All programs  are signed with a trusted certificate. I think I may have accidentally deleted one of the OS system files by mistake.

What do I need to do, to restore a possible deleted OS system file, without losing all my programs and data. Everthing is backed up on a SD card.

Any suggested solutions would be appreciated. Thank you, Dale.

Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
Prof Julie
Message 2 of 3 (357 Views)

Re: iPAQ 211 not recognizing down-loaded programs

Perhaps this article that I wrote long ago will provide a solution for you:

"Resolve Windows Mobile application installation failure"

Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone Consumer
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Dale E. Miller
Message 3 of 3 (342 Views)

Re: iPAQ 211 not recognizing down-loaded programs

Thank you very much Professor Julie. Your solution resolved my problem. Fortunately I had the SKTools purchased software. Now all my down-loaded programs work, even MobiPocket, which has been bought out by Amazon. Now I can re-read my nuclear physics books which will not work with Amazon's free, PC, E-Booker reader.

Dale

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation