Re: hw6515a asking for simlock password (330 Views)
Occasional Visitor
lakshan chandradasa
Message 1 of 7 (330 Views)

hw6515a asking for simlock password

i having hp ipaq hw6515a its asking for simlock password i tryied all pins but its not working i check with hp they said its only it will work in USA IS IT TRUE I AM IN UAE

PS: This thread's subject line has been edited to help you get more suggestions - Forum Moderator.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Andrew Marshall
Message 2 of 7 (330 Views)

Re: hw6515a asking for simlock password

What is the Sim Card in the device now? Was it in when you purchased it? Did you purchase the 6515 new or used? Who is your cell phone service provider?

As far as I know, the 6515 should operate anywhere in the world with the correct Sim card.

You should be able to get a Sim card and PIN from your phone service provider, and they should be able to help you to activate it.

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
CA1354734
Message 3 of 7 (330 Views)

Hi Lakshan,

It's difficult for forum members to backtrack to the original query since you have started a new thread.
Please click "reply" instead of "start a new thread" button. I have posted the contents of the other thread here, to maintain continuity.
This will help you get an answer.

Good luck.
Prashanth Kumar
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lakshan's reply on Oct 31, 2006 05:33:58 GMT
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
but i have 6515a cingular so when i spoke to the hp in UAE they said that it can be opprate in usa but is there way i can change it, I bought it new it was gift but it was bought in USA so pls advice me this to use in UAE
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
emam adel
Message 4 of 7 (330 Views)

i having hp ipaq hw6515a its asking for simlock password i tryied all pins but its not working i check with hp they said its only it will work in USA IS IT TRUE I AM IN UAE
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Andrew Marshall
Message 5 of 7 (330 Views)

The 6515a version is locked to the Cingular network in the US. Where did you buy it from? The seller should have told you of this limitation.

If you put in the wrong code too many times, it will cause problems. Use Google for "unlock cell phone" or something similar and you should find a variety of unlocking services that can provide a code for a fee. Be sure to use one with good support and a refund policy in case they are not successful with what they provide.

Once properly unlocked, you will be able to use it with any SIM card.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Lutz Bendlin
Message 6 of 7 (330 Views)

It's more complicated than that. Does it ask for a SIM pin, or for something else?

Have you verified that the SIM card you are trying to use hasn't been locked due to your many atempts, and you now need a SuperPIN to unlock the SIM?

Locked phone and locked SIM are two different things.
Lutz
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
amarlokare
Message 7 of 7 (240 Views)

i have hp ipaq hw6515a cell phone. brought ebay.com put sim card and asking simlock. what i do pls help me how to open unlock code 

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation