h2215 SD slot not working? (261 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Ronald Thompson
Message 1 of 5 (261 Views)
Accepted Solution

h2215 SD slot not working?

I have just tried the SD slot on my h2215 PDA for the first time, and apparently it doesn't work. I inserted an 8GB microSD in appropriate adapters. The card fits perfectly, is seated well, and I tried a reset before and after inserting it. Yet I can't see it in the file explorer. I tried a 1GB microSD in a completely separate set of adapters with the same lack of results. I don't have a full-sized SD card to test.

Is the slot defective, and if so, what can I do about it? Or, is the PDA not able to handle that much memory on an SD card? A 1GB CF card is installed in the CF slot and works fine.

The PDA is running Windows CE 4.20. The ROM is version 1.10.07, dated 03/01/04.

I need to be able to do this, because the 8GB card is preloaded with OnCourse Navigator 8.
Outstanding Contributor
Prof Julie
Message 2 of 5 (261 Views)

Re: h2215 SD slot not working?

SDHC cards are not compatible with your device. Since the card you have is 8GB it is an SDHC card.

Get an SD card (not SDHC card) and try again. The largest SD card you'll find is 4 GB.

Unfortunately, unless you can get your OnCourse Navigator to fit on a 4GB SD card or unless you can move the software to a CF card, you won't be able to use that software.
Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone Consumer
Frequent Advisor
Richard Klein
Message 3 of 5 (261 Views)

Prof. Julie implies that a 4GB SD card will work in the 2215 if it's not SDHC, but in my experience it won't recognize anything larger than 2GB, whether it's SD or SDHC. Wait, is the h2215 different from the 2215?
Occasional Visitor
Ronald Thompson
Message 4 of 5 (261 Views)

I assume they are one and the same. It turns out the software I want to load is available on a 2GB standard SD card. The extra room on the bigger card is for customization, which I probably wouldn't do all that much of (knock on wood). So, I've got a request in for an RMA to exchange for the smaller card.
Outstanding Contributor
Prof Julie
Message 5 of 5 (261 Views)

Richard,

I do not have an h2215 so you would know better than me what size SD card works with this model, but have you seen this thread?

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=1020250

I scanned it and found one user who reported success using 4 GB SD cards in their h2210 (which is essentially the same as the h2215, isn't it?):

iPAQ Model: h2210;
SD Capacity / Brand: Topram / 4GB (MiniSD)
SD Capacity / Brand: Transcend / 4GB
Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone Consumer
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.