Re: Which G750 folding keyboard works with my iPAQ hx2790b? (1884 Views)
Occasional Advisor
André
Message 1 of 3 (2,265 Views)
Accepted Solution

Which G750 folding keyboard works with my iPAQ hx2790b?

Howdy, y'all; rather than buy a netbook, gonna purchase a non-Bluetooth (they use batteries and use handheld power) folding keyboard like the G750. But there are several G750 "P/N"s that look like "249711-00'?'" and "?" can be 1 to 4. There may be others.

Does anyone else have an hx2700-series iPAQ that you're using with a G750 folding keyboard? Thanks kindly.

APJ

Writing in The OC, SoCal.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
André
Message 2 of 3 (2,220 Views)

Re: Which G750 folding keyboard works with my iPAQ hx2790b?

Eureka. The G750 folding keyboard, P/N 249711-002, works correctly with the iPAQ hx2790b after installation of sp32424.exe, the "Foldable Keyboard Driver" found at the downloads pages for the hx2700 Pocket PC Series.

Hope that this might help somebody else with the same question.

APJ

The OC, SoCal.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
André
Message 3 of 3 (1,884 Views)

Re: Which G750 folding keyboard works with my iPAQ hx2790b?

I have additional information about the Foldable Keyboard Driver for Windows Mobile 5 as installed in iPAQ hx2700-series handhelds to support G750 foldable keyboards.

The keyboard driver provided by HP for North American English users is incorrect: It's the driver for UK English, and it's published by HP as sp32424.exe. See the Release Notes tab for the driver distribution download page. To determine if you have the UK English driver, start the Foldable Keyboard program, and tap About. The country of application for this driver is shown on the About property sheet, and you'll see "UK" on line 2. You'll also notice that typing <shift>' displays the tilde character ~.

If you're an English-speaking user in North America, and you'd like to connect a G750 Foldable Keyboard to your Windows Mobile 5 iPAQ, you'll need the driver published by HP as sp32104.exe. Install the driver as you would any other application, but remove any other Foldable Keyboard programs first. A soft reset after installation is not necessary. To verify that the correct driver is installed, start the Foldable Keyboard program, and tap About. You'll now see "WWE" on line 2; I assume that HP means "world-wide English." Line 3 show the version of the driver, which is "V2.0.0.8."

Hope this helps.

APJ writing in The OC, SoCal.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation