Re: VPN issues on iPAQ 6365 (311 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Vu Quoc Thong
Message 1 of 5 (311 Views)

VPN issues on iPAQ 6365

Hi,

Our iPAQ 6365 PDAs currently connect to our internal network (router) directly to exchange data (POES - order entry program), but now my IT manager decides PDAs should connect to the internet first, using VPN to reduce long distance telephone cost.

We already set up VPN on PDAs and they can connect to our network, but can not exchange data with error message FTP:-100.

It would be great if someone can share some experience on this.

Thank you !

Thong.

Trusted Contributor
Derek Whigham_1
Message 2 of 5 (311 Views)

Re: VPN issues on iPAQ 6365

Is this a windows network, If it is I would check that NETBIOS is not required to resolve the name of POES system. Try connecting to the VPN then directly via it IP address, I have had lots of issues with NETBIOS over VPN's
Divide and Conquer
Occasional Visitor
Vu Quoc Thong
Message 3 of 5 (311 Views)

Thanks for your info, we already connect directly to FTP server via its IP address.

Any special setup VPN on iPAQ 6365 ?

Thanks again.

Thong.
Trusted Contributor
Derek Whigham_1
Message 4 of 5 (311 Views)

Below is the meaning of the FTP Error

100 : The requested action is being initiated, expect another reply before proceeding with a new command.

I suspect your are connecting to the ftp server OKay but the VPN is not routing the FTP responses onto the VPN tunnel but onto the local LAN.

I would check you VPN server setup and routing tables

Divide and Conquer
Occasional Visitor
Vu Quoc Thong
Message 5 of 5 (311 Views)

Thanks again.

Our POES PCs (normal computer) with internet connection/VPN can exchange data normally with our FTP server.

But PDAs iPAQ 6365 with VPN setup can connect to VPN but can't connect to FTP server with error FTP:-100.

Any hints for iPAQ 6365 VPN ?

Thong.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.