Re: Synchronization with Outlook 2013 using iPAQ 114 in Windows 7 (64 bit) (862 Views)
Visitor
Johnuk
Message 1 of 4 (908 Views)

Synchronization with Outlook 2013 using iPAQ 114 in Windows 7 (64 bit)

I have tried to post before so I apologize if this is a duplicate.  Probably I did not sign in properly. 

I fear that I may just have gone too far but I have just had to change my computer.  Previously I was using my much-valued  iPAQ 114 with Outlook 2007 in Windows 7 (32 bit) and had only had a few problems.  I did manage to establish a partnership and sync.  However, only a few things transferred and these caused multiple entries that took me a long time to remove. 

I should like to know if anyone has had better luck or suggestions for things to try but it may be that no-one has been so foolish as to attempt this.  Any advice would be welcome.

John

Outstanding Contributor
Prof Julie
Message 2 of 4 (886 Views)

Re: Synchronization with Outlook 2013 using iPAQ 114 in Windows 7 (64 bit)

You can syncronize your IPAQ to a Windows 7 (64 bit computer). The requirements of doing so are:

You may also need to disable the "Advanced Network" functionality on the IPAQ: Tap Start > Settings > Connections tab > USB to PC > remove the checkmark in the box next to "Advanced Network Functionality"

Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone Consumer
Visitor
Johnuk
Message 3 of 4 (872 Views)

Many thanks Prof Julie. 

Unfortunaltely, I have not been successful so far.  I presume that I have WMDC (64 bit) as this seems to be the default download although I cannot actually find anywhere to confirm this.  Similarly the default installation of Office 365 is 32bit and this is listed as my mail connection in the PC control panel although I have been through my Office files and they do not say this specifically anywhere else.

I have tried to syncronize with and without the Advanced Network enabled.  Connections occur allowing me to use the PC to look at the files in the iPAQ.  With the Advanced Network disabled I got an empty double entry in the calendar at the time of the connection but nothing else.  With the Advance Network enabled, there seems to be no transfer in the calendar.

I tried doing a soft reset which has not changed the situation.  It does not look good.  Are there any other suggestions?

Thanks, John 

Outstanding Contributor
Prof Julie
Message 4 of 4 (862 Views)

I doubt the version of Office that you installed via Office 365 is compatible. You most likely need to install office 2010 or an earlier version. I haven't heard if Office 2013 will be compatible, but I doubt it.
Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone Consumer
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.