Re: Synchronization involving HP iPAQ 110 and Windows 8 PC (793 Views)
Occasional Visitor
MikeHofSJ
Message 1 of 2 (817 Views)

Synchronization involving HP iPAQ 110 and Windows 8 PC

This question involves synchronization of my HP iPAQ 110 with a Windows 8 PC

I have an HP iPAQ 110, running Windows Mobile 6 Classic,  CE  OS 5.2.1616   dated 2007.  The iPAQ CPU is a Marvell PXA310, and the system has 57 MB memory.

My new home PC is a Dell running Windows 8, with Microsoft Outlook 2013.

I want to synchronize the iPAQ’s Windows Mobile 6 native Calendar   (appointment time/date/text)   with the Windows 8 Outlook 2013.   I have done this routinely with the iPAQ and my old PC that had Windows 7 and Outlook 2003.   My concern comes from hearing that there are compatibility issues between iPAQ and Windows 8. 

Before I push the start button and destroy my calendar, has anyone done a successful synch of this sort?

Outstanding Contributor
Prof Julie
Message 2 of 2 (793 Views)

Re: Synchronization involving HP iPAQ 110 and Windows 8 PC

Unfortunately, WMDC is not compatible with Windows 8 and you will not be able to sync your Outlook related data to your iPAQ.  There is no expectation that Microsoft has any plans to update WMDC to make it compatible.

You may be able to use a third party paid application to sync the data, like Companion Link or Akruto Sync.

Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone Consumer
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.