Re: Province of Quebec not available on iPAQ 310 (950 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Francois Camire
Message 1 of 15 (1,417 Views)

Province of Quebec not available on iPAQ 310

I Just update my iPAQ 310 GPS, but the province of Quebec is no longer available. Does somebody have a solution for me?

I did reset it, and reinstall maps.

Which third party vendor can I choose
Occasional Advisor
Pierre St-Jean
Message 2 of 15 (1,417 Views)

Re: Province of Quebec not available on iPAQ 310

François,

I noticed the same situation a while back when I didi my own upgrade. Two solutiions seems possible to me: 1- Reload the missing maps with the Content manager or by news maps from Naviextra.com. I prefer to spend some more $ to get the latest maps from Naviextra. I have been using them for 4 months now and they work great. I have used them in the Montreal reagion as well as in Gaspesie.
Trusted Contributor
patruns
Message 3 of 15 (1,417 Views)

You can buy the updates Canada maps here:

https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal/catalog?salesPackageCode=11035&view=item&priceListCode=451222...

I believe it will simply overwrite the current Canada maps, but you may wish to move them to your PC using the toolbox first.
patruns at yahoo dot com
Occasional Advisor
Douglas Loten
Message 4 of 15 (1,417 Views)

I also 'upgraded to the latest and lost Quebec... but in further digging found that I had also lost Saskatchewan. It's as if any province starting with a letter higher than P is gone. This sounds like a file corruption, perhaps. Does anyone know of a tool to inspect the database?

-doug
Trusted Contributor
patruns
Message 5 of 15 (1,417 Views)

Go to naviextras.com and download the toolbox.
patruns at yahoo dot com
Occasional Advisor
Douglas Loten
Message 6 of 15 (1,417 Views)

I went looking through my old backups and found what looks like the same files (name, size, date) but when I rolled them back onto my 310 suddenly Quebec, Saskatchewan and Yukon Territory reappear.

If anyone would like a copy of these few files, please let me know.

-doug
Trusted Contributor
patruns
Message 7 of 15 (1,417 Views)

It worked because it was your backup. The maps are tied to the unit's license. They will not work on someone else's GPS.
patruns at yahoo dot com
Occasional Advisor
Douglas Loten
Message 8 of 15 (1,417 Views)

Thanks, patruns! On another, similar, note... with the iPAQ 310 being a "North American" version, could I purchase/download maps for the UK from www.naviextras.com and expect them to work when I visit next year? Or is there something about the hardware/firmware that will only work in N/A?

-doug
Trusted Contributor
patruns
Message 9 of 15 (1,417 Views)

You can, but you first have to move the existing maps to your PC to make room for the Europe maps. Look at the folder structure on your unit and create duplicate folders on a SD memory card. Buy the EU maps and then move them with the toolbox to your PC. Move the NA maps back. Then using Windows Explorer, copy the EU maps to the folders on the SD car that you created. The unit will read off either set of maps depending on where you are located at the time.

Unfortunately, naviextras currently does not offer the ability to install maps directly on the SD card so you have to take all these extra steps to use additional maps.
patruns at yahoo dot com
Occasional Advisor
Douglas Loten
Message 10 of 15 (1,417 Views)

Out of interest's sake, I've downloaded sp39113.exe from the HP.com support website, which is the map updates for Western Europe. I've taken the UK labelled files and put them in the appropriate directories on my SD card. However, when I reboot, and want to specify an address to go to, it still only lists Canada and the US as possible destinations. Is that due to licensing on my 310?
Trusted Contributor
patruns
Message 11 of 15 (1,257 Views)

"s that due to licensing on my 310?"

Yes, those maps will not be recognized.
patruns at yahoo dot com
Occasional Visitor
alex Dubuisson
Message 12 of 15 (1,257 Views)

An update is usually to have more features and better service with the device.
But this is a really really really bad update and I hope someone will so something about it. I lost my Quebec city map and many options. This not an update but a downgrade. I have less option than before.
The information about this update is not accurate. If this update is only for the US map so why there is no warning on the page.
I not satisfy because my gps is no use any more.
Occasional Visitor
ceinformatique
Message 13 of 15 (1,142 Views)

hi Douglas

thanks to send me the files is also missing on my 310

thanks

emmanuel

Occasional Visitor
FADINASR
Message 14 of 15 (951 Views)

Hello,

any way to have copy of quebec map file. mine is also missing quebec

thank you

Occasional Visitor
FADINASR
Message 15 of 15 (950 Views)

hello Douglas ,

can you send quebec map for 310 ipaq
thank you
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.