Move data from iPaq 1945 to iPaq 211 Enterprise and Windows 8 laptop (822 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Linda Anne Bartlett
Message 1 of 5 (822 Views)
Accepted Solution

Move data from iPaq 1945 to iPaq 211 Enterprise and Windows 8 laptop

My iPaq 2795 crashed recently, leaving me dependent upon my earlier iPaq 1945 . . . yes, laugh if you will {chuckling}. 

SO, i going to replace them both and am looking at the iPaq 211 Enterprise Handheld to do so. 

Are the file types of my 2795 and 1945 syncable with the 211 Enterprise?  I am hoping to sync my address book with my new handheldl and my laptop, running on Windows 8 (ugh). 

I do NOT want to retype my entire 20 years worth of contacts! 

Thank-you kindly,

Linda

Linda and iPaq 210
Outstanding Contributor
Prof Julie
Message 2 of 5 (817 Views)

Re: Move data from iPaq 1945 to iPaq 211 Enterprise and Windows 8 laptop

The data format that is used across all those ipaqs is fairly similar, so that won't be a problem, but you're not going to be able to sync your Outlook-related data from a windows 8 machine since windows mobile device center is not completely compatible with the Windows 8 OS and Microsoft had no plans to make it work.
Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone Consumer
Occasional Advisor
Linda Anne Bartlett
Message 3 of 5 (812 Views)

[ Edited ]

Oh my, "we" go back a few years, Julie. You helped me once before. So then, it's okay to use my iPaq just as I have these past few years, absent a PC sync. Sync the old with the new and forget the PC. Oh well; can do. Thanks much, Prof. Linda

Linda and iPaq 210
Outstanding Contributor
Prof Julie
Message 4 of 5 (786 Views)

I'm glad to help you out again! I check into this forum to help out when I can, although there's not so much action round here as in the good ole days of windows mobile.

Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone Consumer
Occasional Collector
tks3rd
Message 5 of 5 (692 Views)

Re: iPAQ 111 stuck in R U U Download Mode in 2013

My apologies for using a reply here to ask you about a different issue.

I am desperate to fix my iPAQ 111 and your name keeps showing up as an expert.

I have the dreaded "R U U Download Mode" screen. I have tried all the procedures I can find and the device has not changed.

The posts I have seen all are from 2010 or older, so I'm wondering if you are aware of any new ways to bring the 111 out of its coma?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.