Re: IPAQ 5550 "hard resets" but still wants my PIN Number? (1627 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Anne_14
Message 1 of 3 (1,635 Views)

IPAQ 5550 "hard resets" but still wants my PIN Number?

What can I do about my hp iPAQ which did a spontaneous hard rest (as evidence by that sick-sounding 'ding' that tells you your memory is wiped squeaky clean) when the device is subsequently stuck on the screen asking my PIN number?  It will only accept the first digit of my pin number, then it hangs.  I have attempted the 'hard reset' protocol from Laura Rooke on NOV 14, 2004 - but no use.  I hear the hard reset 'ding' but still get asked for a password/PIN.  I have Sprite backups on the device, but I can't activate them as things currently stand.  Thanks for anything you can suggest!  Anne

Outstanding Contributor
Prof Julie
Message 2 of 3 (1,634 Views)

Re: IPAQ 5550 "hard resets" but still wants my PIN Number?

A hard reset should fix the problem.  Are you sure you performed a successful hard reset?  Nonetheless, after 10 failed attempts at entering your PIN, the device should prompt you that it will perform a hard reset of its own and afterwards you should be able to gain access to the IPAQ again.

Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone Consumer
Frequent Advisor
Anne_14
Message 3 of 3 (1,627 Views)

Re: IPAQ 5550 "hard resets" but still wants my PIN Number?

You're priceless, Professor Julie! No, it did not behave as if it performed a real hard reset, even though the steps were correct - the power came on by itself, which it shouldn't have. Thanks for the reminder that failing the password will perform a hard reset! Anne
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.