IPAQ 100 (Canada)/110 (US) won't connect to PC... (127 Views)
Occasional Visitor
J-Mack539
Message 1 of 1 (127 Views)

IPAQ 100 (Canada)/110 (US) won't connect to PC...

I have had my ipaq 100 for a few years and a couple of weeks ago it just stopped connecting to the PC (via USB).  I tried different USB ports, and when I connect the PC sounds the alert that a device has been connceted, and when I shut the device off, teh PC is also aware and sounds an alert that the device is disonnected.  Have Windows VISTA, and the Sync Centre does not show the device as connected.  When I go to the sync centre on the device, it shows it trying to connect, but gives up after a minute.

Don't know what's changed... the only thing that happened to my pc between the day it was able to sync with the handheld and next day when it wouldn;t, was that I uninstalled McAffee Security (have Microsoft Security Essentials instead).  Tried uninstalling and reinstalling Windows Mobile to no avail.   Any ideas????  Saw the thread on ipaq 210 not connecting, but doesn't seem to be the same problem...

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation