Re: HP Ipaq 910c Change language from French to English or Spanish (502 Views)
Occasional Visitor
CarlosVargas62
Message 1 of 3 (511 Views)

HP Ipaq 910c Change language from French to English or Spanish

I have a HP IPAQ 910c Business Messenger,  with original OS language in French. I need to change it for English language or Spanish Language.  Can this be done?    Thank you in advance.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Kaj_3
Message 2 of 3 (508 Views)

Re: HP Ipaq 910c Change language from French to English or Spanish

HP never supported change of the Ipaqs native language.

You might find solutions on the internet, but HP supported this and therefore the Ipaqs lost warranty if users performed the changes and the devices stopped working.

Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
Prof Julie
Message 3 of 3 (502 Views)

Re: HP Ipaq 910c Change language from French to English or Spanish

Changing the language on a windows mobile device is not a trivial matter that carries with it a high probability of bricking your device.  Neither HP nor Microsoft ever provided any official support to change the language of most windows mobile devices, but there were complicated hacks posted to various "hacker" websites and forums. 

As Kaj stated, you may find some information on the internet that describe how to change the language of a windows mobile device if you look around the web, but you won't find such information in this forum, and if you follow some of the hacks you find and brick your phone, you'll be on your own with no support - seems to me like it would be simpler just to find a used device that is already in the language of your choice.

Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone Consumer
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation