Re: HP Ipaq 1910 - connection to Canon Powershot S230/Ixus V3 (207 Views)
Occasional Contributor
D Waite
Message 1 of 3 (207 Views)

HP Ipaq 1910 - connection to Canon Powershot S230/Ixus V3

I have a new Ipaq 1910, and would like to be able to transfer data from my canon digital camera directly into the memory without having to go via my desktop. Does anyone know of an adaptor or other method I can use? The camera has the typical proprietary slot into which a cable with a USB on the other end. I would like to be able to dump my JPEG's straight into my IPAQ.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
CA955182
Message 2 of 3 (207 Views)

Re: HP Ipaq 1910 - connection to Canon Powershot S230/Ixus V3

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to do this directly. The USB port on the iPAQs is a client-only port so it can't drive a USB card adapter. The 1910 also doesn't support SDIO so, even if an SD to whatever format card you're using existed (The only ones I know of are Compact Flash or PCMCIA.), your 1910 wouldn't be able to use it.

You're best bet is to get a multiple-format USB reader for your PC so you'll be able to transfer from the camera card to an SD card.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Kevin Bishop_1
Message 3 of 3 (207 Views)

Re: HP Ipaq 1910 - connection to Canon Powershot S230/Ixus V3

Adding to this discussion, is there any way a digital camera can be connected to an iPaq, allowing the iPaq to be used as a larger lcd screen for the camera, I presume using the AV output from the camera?
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation