HP IPAQ 6340 Mobile and Wireless (47 Views)
Advisor
BR719202
Message 1 of 5 (47 Views)

HP IPAQ 6340 Mobile and Wireless

I have just bought a 6340 and are expiring problems. When i turn off the IPAQ with the services still up, the cellular works fine. When i turn it on again the wirelss drops the connection even though i am at the same location. I have to soft reset the Ipaq to get the wireless going again. If i move to another wireless network it says that it is available but i can not connect to the network other then do a soft reset. Somebody out there with the same problem?
Speed Kills - Use Winows
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
BR839497
Message 2 of 5 (47 Views)

Re: HP IPAQ 6340 Mobile and Wireless

Hi,
I have the same problem, but didn't find any solution, think we have to wait for HP
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
CA1180099
Message 3 of 5 (47 Views)

Question, are you referring to your Cellular, GPRS, Wi-Fi, or Bluetooth connections? I have the US version, the 6315 and there known issues with all of the above, but less on the Wi-Fi.

Currently, there is a GPRS fix that T-Mobile USA has posted. Unfortunately, there are no other driver or phone firmware updates. However, your cellular provider may have posted either the GPRS or Cellular patches; contact level 2 support for download locations.
If it ain't broke, I still make it better
Please use plain text.
Advisor
BR719202
Message 4 of 5 (47 Views)

David, the cell phone and BT works fine with my 6340, it is just the WiFi that messes things up.
Speed Kills - Use Winows
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
CA1180099
Message 5 of 5 (47 Views)

Wow, I am shocked; I have had almost no problems with Wi-Fi (other than it's very sensitive with a good antenna, and a unique Linksys/crosstalk issue). However, my Bluetooth is extremely problematic.

I would suggest that you "try" changing your Wi-Fi setting under "Networks to access:" to "only access points" from "All Available" then perform a soft-reset.

Further, just incase you are having a crosstalk issue (use only if you have both Wi-Fi & Bluetooth on simultaneously); Change Bluetooth | Settings | Accessibility -tab | (X) Paired devices only (from All devices) then perform a soft-reset.
If it ain't broke, I still make it better
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation