HP IPAQ 214 fails to Autosync (364 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Jimmymac12
Message 1 of 2 (364 Views)

HP IPAQ 214 fails to Autosync

I have owned an HP IPAQ 214 since 2009 with no failures or problems.

I have recently updated my PC O/S to Widows 8 & my IPAQ will no longer Autosync. The device is recognised as connected to the PC but now fails to complete Autosync.

The device operated OK with Windows 7.

Any advice or solution would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
Prof Julie
Message 2 of 2 (340 Views)

Re: HP IPAQ 214 fails to Autosync

[ Edited ]

I'm afraid you're out of luck.  The prevailing experience is that the old windows mobile devices cannot sync to Windows 8 since there is no version of ActiveSync or Windows Mobile Device Center that is compatible with Windows 8.

Since your IPAQ runs windows mobile 6.0, you might be able to sync your contacts and appointments to the device via a Windows Live account.  There are ways to sync this data from Outlook to Windows Live:

• If you are running Outlook 2010 (or an earlier version of Outlook), you can use the Outlook Hotmail Connector to sync Contacts & Appointments only (no tasks) to a windows live account.
  • Outlook 2013 incoporates the syncing capability into it and you can sync the Outlook Contacts, Appointments and Tasks to a Windows LIve account without being required to install the Outlook Hotmail Connector.

See this article to learn how to sync a windows mobile 6.x device to a windows live account

See this article to learn how to set up the Outlook Hotmail Connector.

Prof Julie | Microsoft MVP Windows Phone Consumer
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation