Re: Backup in Windows Mobile 5.0 for hx2490 (171 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Clive Atkins
Message 1 of 5 (171 Views)
Accepted Solution

Backup in Windows Mobile 5.0 for hx2490

My documentation suggests there is ipaq backup in programs, it's nowhere to be seen, there seems to be sprite.exe which is also missing and nothing in activesync v4.2. How do I perform a backup?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Ronald
Message 2 of 5 (171 Views)

Re: Backup in Windows Mobile 5.0 for hx2490

Units with windows mobile 5 are not supplied with a backup program. It's an error in the manual.
If you want to have a backup program you would have to install one.

For example:
http://www.spritesoftware.com/
Please use plain text.
Advisor
scobo
Message 3 of 5 (171 Views)

My 2490 came with a points voucher to use when buying software from the HP website.
I used mine to download a backup program which works very well and it didn't cost anything when I used the points.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Clive Atkins
Message 4 of 5 (171 Views)

Thanks, that's great. I've got a voucher to redeem as well; can you remember the name of the software as Sprite is $29.95?
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
cyberdog_hw6915
Message 5 of 5 (171 Views)

I had the same dilemma and while I found there to be several cheaper, yet well-rated backup programs, went with the sprite backup (which, for those who might not know, are the authors of iPAQ Backup and is pretty much exactly the same program.)

I wish it had been included in the OEM software, but it was worth every penny of the 29.95 to me because I always relied on iPAQ Backup as it has saved me on more than one occasion, so I stuck with what I knew worked, was familiar and reliable.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation